Failsafe altitude

Reaction score
Hi

Is it possible to adjust failsafe altitude while in the air?

I have never tried changing these setting during flight. I follow a rule make flight safe before starting by following check list. One of the value is altitude for safe return. I set it to 150' in open fields with few trees around. Keep higher if I see tall buildings.

For long distant flights I set it to 250'

I can't answer your question as I never tried it and will not try it. These values are stored in the aircraft so better save before flight it initiated, who knows when will you lose connection.

Reactions: NRJ and t2adze
Hi

Is it possible to adjust failsafe altitude while in the air?
Have not tried it but I'm going to say YES, because if you go into F-mode, depending on your version of the DJI GO, you are sometimes asked to confirm RTH... and you can change it.

Reactions: t2adze
Yes, you can change this setting mid-flight.

Reactions: t2adze
You might want to reset it if you forgot to do so prior to taking off.

Reactions: sonof40
But would you want too? Sounds like trouble methinks
Why trouble?
For example while flying you realized that tallest building/object around is way higher then what your failsafe altitude is set to. So you will update it.
I think its even better.

I am confirming too, that it is possible, I did it just on the sunday in my flight.
Reason was, that after the upgrading the FW, I had the setting back to default 30 m. And I noticed it after takeoff.
It's safe to use or remember the pre-flight check list. Make one for you per your steps.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1