Failed to turn on

Reaction score
I was out in Death Valley in cold weather (15-30 degrees) between Christmas and New Years. I took the P2V out to start it up and get some video footage. The battery was full and showed full when id hit the button on the battery but when I'd hold it down to turn the drone on, it would not turn on.

I only have 1 battery currently so I couldn't try another battery to rule out the battery itself. I assumed it was the cold effecting the battery but thought I'd run it by you guys since I'm a complete novice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How many hours on that battery? My two year old batteries finally started acting screwy, wanting to land my 2V after just 4 minutes in the air, but showing each battery after the other was 90% charged. Bought a new battery, now no problems and 2V stays in the air over 20.
BTW, where in Death Valley NATIONAL PARK were you intending to fly?

How many hours on that battery? My two year old batteries finally started acting screwy, wanting to land my 2V after just 4 minutes in the air, but showing each battery after the other was 90% charged. Bought a new battery, now no problems and 2V stays in the air over 20.
BTW, where in Death Valley NATIONAL PARK were you intending to fly?

Was just going straight up take a couple pics of our camp and then back down. We were in the middle of no where, and not actually in the national park that morning.

We bounced around in and out of the park for nearly a week. Sorry I wasn't clearer on that. I know you can't fly in the park although we did get buzzed by one near striped butte which made me think maybe it wasn't the cold.

Batteries only got maybe 10 flights on it.

Last edited:
Maybe it was the cold. Had the battery been in that cold for some time before you tried to turn it on, or did you have it on warm environment beforehand?
What have you experienced with that battery since?

It was very cold and we had no way to get out of the cold so that was definitely a factor I believe. I haven't had a chance to try the battery since I got home as I've been working non stop and it's been raining. I will try to get it up tomorrow as I'm off work.

In a NP as vast and empty as DV, wouldn't it be nice if the NPS would designate areas where we can fly rather than just issuing a blanket "no fly" restriction for the entire park?

Reactions: sfsmedic

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20