Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Failed Lightbridge

Discussion in 'DJI Lightbridge' started by Highcloud, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Highcloud

Hi all, need some help . I'm having a pissing contest with my light bridge dealer. I have one of the antenna ports fail. On the ground station . There is no out put from it at all. I have checked with an rf meter. Dealer seems to think this is normal! Please could any one with a light bridge and an rf meter just confirm that both antenna ports on the ground station transmit and recieve and that both ports should be transmitting up to 100mW. With some feed back here I may be able to convince the dealer that light bridge uses both antenna ports on the ground station . Thanks in advance

2. spudraleigh

Why not just fire up a new LB at the dealer and do the RF test on that? Or, you could always order one, test it, and then send it back. Or not send it back if it proves to work differently (i.e. both antennae transmit and receive).

Whatever you do, please let us know what are your results. I have been curious about this as well though I've not tested anything.

3. Highcloud

The dealer does not have an rf meter!!! I don't think they understand how light bridge works . They have eventually today agreed to replace it and they will buy an rf meter to test my defective unit. Taken forever but seems like progress is being made .

4. lklepner

Do you think this might have had anything to do with using external amplifiers? Or do you think it was just a defective unit?

5. Highcloud

Was using it with straight antennas, no amps at the time, but who knows why it failed.

6. gppms

This is normal.Only the left antenna is transmitting for the remote commands.The right antenna is receiving the video signal from the air unit.

7. kasparucis

Hello,
    I have a problem with lightbridge. I burned one air unit because connected wrong to power supply, then bought another one set, which works great. I try to connect ground station from old set to this set in slave mode. It start to show picture and stop that after 5 second. And now I cant connect with this ground station any more to any air unit. If connect it to computer lightbridge app it shows "ground system main controller" version, bot dont show ground system decoder version. What happened with it, and how can I get it alive in working condition. New GROUND unit shows all controllers wersions and can be upgraded with this app, but old one not.