fail safe

Reaction score
I have noticed that I get gps lock green flashing fast then a few seconds later another series green flash fast for home lock .Good to go_Other times second set of green flashes fails to show itself?I wait several minutes.Is there a manual way I can trigger this.?

rogerdel said:
I have noticed that I get gps lock green flashing fast then a few seconds later another series green flash fast for home lock .Good to go_Other times second set of green flashes fails to show itself?I wait several minutes.Is there a manual way I can trigger this.?

I've wondered this too. The other day, i was experimenting to see if I actually had the home point set so i switched it to fail safe. The phantom started to blink yellow, then went up pretty high to about 20 meters. It stayed there for a long time, about 30 seconds. This felt like forever for me since at this point, i couldn't regain control. After that, it came back to the home point, and descended very slowly.

I think it has to do with the overlapping conditions of Course Lock and Home Lock. Sometimes these conditions are met in a stagger, so you get a Course Lock ,first quick set of green flashes, and then the Home Lock, second set of green flashes. You can also have a start up procedure where they happen at the same time, which is if you get a full GPS fix in under 20 seconds and start your engines within the next 10 seconds. As soon as you hit 30 seconds after power on, both course lock and home lock conditions will have been met at the same time. This is my theory at least.

Course lock conditions = 30secs after power on
Home lock conditions = 30secs after power on; 10secs after GPS Satellite number≥6; Motors have been started.

on the phantom 2 you can change the homelock by flicking the s1 switch like 5 times., does not work on the FC40. i have tried many times..

Last days its been raining and grey, and when its a break in the rain i og out and ive noticed on grey days it takes a LOOOOOOONG time to get gps Lock..
i can get the first Lock Down but no steady green, just red-green-red-green, so sometimes i get so bored i just take it to hover and then i get the full gps With only green light.. i usually also try out the homelock before "leaving" just to be safe.. also i test the failsafe reguarly but since my garden is like 4x4 metres i dont let it land there by itself..

You can manually set Home Lock and Course lock with the FC40 v2. To set course lock you toggle S2 between off and CL position 5 times. To manually set home lock you toggle between CL and HL positions 5 times. I have done both with my FC40.

if its not manually resetting by toggling the s1 switch you could have a bad switch.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic