Fail Safe, RTH

Reaction score
First Flight yesterday. Thought I followed all instructions. 1st noticed drift in GPS mode. When I took it to high elevation, it stoped responding to inputs. Figured it would engage RTF. Nope! Shut off transmitter to engage RTF. Still no. It maintained it's position until battery low, descended slowly, but battery exhausted before landing. Dropped last 100'. Interestingly, at about 20' I heard the engines rev strongly. Upon inspection, it looks like the props were turning backwards at impact! (Damage to all four trailing edges) Amazingly, the props are the only apparent damage. Any ideas why it would not return from altitude?

Scary to hear :eek:

How high up did you go? and you had a single green blip before taking off?
and were you flying in GPS or ATTI mode?
on page 14 of the manual, it says "The aircraft will automatically land if the fail-safe mode is active, or return home if in GPS mode."
tho sounds like it did neither of that in your case.

I honestly don't recall the blinking sequence. That's the funny thing though, it held lat/long almost dead on. just would not return from altitude of 500' or so. From my reading of instructions, doesn't matter what mode you are flying in for RTH to function if signal is lost. Since that crash i've developed a drift in GPS mode. Figured I would recalibrate. Being a MAC guy, I'm waiting for access to a PC.

page 14 of the quickstart manual says "The aircraft will automatically land if the fail-safe mode is active, or return home if in GPS mode."
and also that it will not return home if it has a bad GPS signal.

I'm a Mac guy as well, but installed Parallels (you can download a trial version) and Windows7 so that i can run the NAZA software.

hope you can get yours sorted.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic