Fail safe mode

Reaction score
If you fly the pv2+ into a valley and lose signal will the pv2+ fly directly vertical 20 meters above your established home point, then come home? Is there any way to adjust the fly home elevation? There are a lot of tall trees where I live.

Not currently by using the 3.04 Assistant Software or older versions.
One method to do it on the fly is...
1 - Conduct normal start-up procedures.
2 - take off and gain an altitude higher than your trees. Reset your home position while in the air over your original takeoff point. Once reset the Phantom will rise 20 meters above the new point and return home. The process is discussed in another thread: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=17974&p=167269&hilit=reset+home+point#p167269

Your understanding is correct, when failsafe/RTH initiates the Phantom will first ascent to 20m above the recorded home point height (if it's not at that height or above already).

There is a way to adjust what the Phantom uses as home point (including the "starting height"):

-First, IOC must be enabled beforehand in the Assistant software. If you have P2 this will require switching to NAZA mode.
-After you first take off and the Phantom has recorded it's initial home point, fly directly above you to the height you want to reset the home point to (say, an extra 20m to give margin for the trees), and once you hit that height go into a hover.
-Flick the left switch between "off" and "HL" several times, and you'll see the fast green LED sequence indicating home point has now been re-established at that new height and position.

Now when it tries to fly home on it's own, it will first make sure it's at 20m above that new home height, or higher.

Yes.

It descends until it no longer senses an increase in barometric pressure which indicates it has landed (on something).

Well that's brilliant! I've always worried about it flying into tall trees during failsafe so now I can give it some extra height and not worry :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav