Factory Reset, Update: It fixed my altitude problems!

Have just completed another sensor calibration and if that doesn't fix the yoyo issue I will try that as well as my P4 yoyo's very badly! Up to 10 metres and makes getting usable video very difficult.
Mine also does this drop only when applying full brakes going forward. And it does not do it when you are under 20ft up. But I'm curious what kind of shot you are wanting when you hit full brakes? This yo-yo has not affected any footage that I would be using when it happens. It's kind of bothersome, but sure not any reason for me to ever think about sending it in.

I've tried on several occassions to launch the Assistant app and get nothing. (Mac OS Latest versions installed) Followed the instructions on the DJI video and nothing either. The P4 is connected to the USB but the app just won't launch. Any ideas??? Anyone else using Macs having issues?

Have you install the driver for the mac ? I have no problems in either my iMac or Macbook

when you download the assistant from DJI, once you open the DMG there are two files. One is the driver, and the other one the application.

For me the yoyo is most prominent when i let go of the sticks but will also do it when i am in level flight and can seesaw "up to" 10 metres.

For me the yoyo is most prominent when i let go of the sticks but will also do it when i am in level flight and can seesaw "up to" 10 metres.

Mine will yoyo about 3 meters in stock form. With a gimbal guard installed on the bottom it yoyos about 25 meters. Apparently the more powerful VPS malfunctions with an aftermarket gimbal guard installed. Hence I don't use a gimbal guard anymore.

I sent my P4 back for a hardware failure problem a month or so ago. Took 5 days to get there, 2 days to repair and ship, 5 days to get back to me. So I guess you could say it is almost 2 weeks from start to finish.
I can't say enough about how good the service is from DJI. Had a P3P before the P4 and got the same kind of a service turn around on a repair on that as well. And both were under warranty, so they paid UPS charges both ways.
I see a lot of comments about how long it takes for a DJI repair, but so far, with two different repairs I have not found that to be the case! It is the travel time to CA from MI that slows things down. I would guess that if you wanted to pay, both ways over night shipping, you would get it back within one week!

And my P4 is just fantastic to fly. Everything works perfectly, and the hover is motionless on the camera screen. And I also had the yoyo effect, and it is now completely gone. The bird stops and sets perfectly still, no more up and down drift.

I think that DJI get a lot of bad press on their service and repair. I just wanted to let all know that it is always not the case, I have been extremely pleased with their response and turn around time on repairs.

I sent my P4 back for a hardware failure problem a month or so ago. Took 5 days to get there, 2 days to repair and ship, 5 days to get back to me. So I guess you could say it is almost 2 weeks from start to finish.
I can't say enough about how good the service is from DJI. Had a P3P before the P4 and got the same kind of a service turn around on a repair on that as well. And both were under warranty, so they paid UPS charges both ways.
I see a lot of comments about how long it takes for a DJI repair, but so far, with two different repairs I have not found that to be the case! It is the travel time to CA from MI that slows things down. I would guess that if you wanted to pay, both ways over night shipping, you would get it back within one week!

And my P4 is just fantastic to fly. Everything works perfectly, and the hover is motionless on the camera screen. And I also had the yoyo effect, and it is now completely gone. The bird stops and sets perfectly still, no more up and down drift.

I think that DJI get a lot of bad press on their service and repair. I just wanted to let all know that it is always not the case, I have been extremely pleased with their response and turn around time on repairs.

Depends where you live, I am in Thailand and sending it back to DJI is not a viable option because they do not have an agreement with Thai customs so I would have to pay import tax when it is returned to me, could be as much as 40% of the original cost :(

I sent my previous P4 into DJI, and they sent me back a replacement. The new one didn't have the altitude drop issue when braking like the first one did. However, while flying in gusty winds recently, I realized it still doesn't maintain level flight (the first one didn't either in gusty winds); so I may be sending this back too unless the "factory reset" works for me. FWIW, my two Phantom 3 Pros maintain altitude quite well when the wind gusts.

BTW, speaking of dealing with DJI repairs, I was told yesterday by a DJI tech rep that they pay for all shipping regardless if its covered by warranty or not. They also diagnose the Phantom (that's out of warranty--or damaged due to user error) for free too. So if you decided you don't want to have something fixed, they won't charge you even for looking at it, nor for shipping it back to you! I sent one Phantom to a well known third party DJI authorized repair center, and it costs me $60 in shipping to and from; plus it took them 2 months to return it to me; and it now can't maintain more than 8 satellite locks when flying forward at full speed--though they were good at communicating about the delays and telling me that all systems checked out perfectly. Meanwhile, the three times I've sent Phantom's to the DJI center in California, I've got it (or a replacement) back in two weeks every time.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl