FAA tells local and state governments not to pass UAS laws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
http://www.faa.gov/uas/regulations_policies/media/UAS_Fact_Sheet_Final.pdf

"Because Federal registration is the exclusive means for registering UAS for purposes of operating an aircraft in navigable airspace, no state or local government may impose an additional registration requirement on the operation of UAS in navigable airspace without first obtaining FAA approval."

"A navigable airspace free from inconsistent state and local restrictions is essential to the maintenance of a safe and sound air transportation system."

"...even complimentary state regulation is impermissible. Field preemption reflects a congressional decision to foreclose any state regulation in the area, even if it is parallel to federal standards.”

Try telling that to many of the states in the USA that have already passed laws, along with the SP's.
Oh well, I look at it like driving laws. Back when I was a kid the laws on the interstates was 65 here on the east coast & many state hwys followed that. Then the 70's gas crunch came & along with MADD speed limits became 55 on the Interstate & state hwys. Now some of the Interstates have gone back to 65 or higher & state hwys have gone up too.
Only thing I know for sure is that things tomorrow are subject to change.

Thread closed. Duplicate thread. Original link provided above.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie