FAA strikes again

He's on the radar???, I call BS. I've got radar on my boat and in dam near perfect conditions I can pick up birds. But it must be a large number or a flock. But a single very small drone? And if they really did pick it up they would also be picking up every large bird flying around. Would love to here from anyone who works in a tower. I can throw a frisbee 100ft in the air, I wonder if they can pick that up?

"On the radar" is a figure of speech :) not meant literally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If they had tied a line to it they'd of been fine according to this new FAA Compliance Part (just seen this on the FB page).... the worrying thing is it isn't the 1st of April yet.... so I think they are being serious!

Who's for lashing 149 foot of nylon to their multi and earning a few dollars? :D

http://www.futurehobbies.com/ProductDet ... 4&CartID=1

So I guess making deliveries of marijuana would send them over the top? :lol:

He spent 18K to come up with this :roll: What the heck is military grade nylon line?

Anyone could do the same thing with a $25 fishing reel and 20lb -30lb test

For 300 bucks the dam thing better rewind the line itself :D

DeweyAXD said:
If they had tied a line to it they'd of been fine according to this new FAA Compliance Part (just seen this on the FB page).... the worrying thing is it isn't the 1st of April yet.... so I think they are being serious!

Who's for lashing 149 foot of nylon to their multi and earning a few dollars? :D

http://www.futurehobbies.com/ProductDet ... 4&CartID=1

:shock: :shock: :shock:

That's exactly what I've been working on, and for that exact reason. Some legal consultation provided me with the insight that tethering the drone would potentially exempt it from what the FAA perceives as its jurisdiction. I have no idea how much water that logic would end up holding in court if ever tested, but I was already looking to see if it was even feasible.

The 3 cheap fishing reels I got to tear apart and try the same approach cost less than $99, so lets see if I can pull this off with less cost than the solution at that link.

FASTFJR said:
He spent 18K to come up with this :roll: What the heck is military grade nylon line?

Anyone could do the same thing with a $25 fishing reel and 20lb -30lb test

For 300 bucks the dam thing better rewind the line itself :D

DJI will twist this to their advantage. It'll come out in the next press release as the "Manual RTH feature", then to be followed by 2 software updates...

Its all good until you have a flyaway and it plucks it out of the ground, bounces its new 'ancor along... Waiting to snag on something:

72B12109-4296-48BA-9FA8-843219CDFADB.jpg

brilliant...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31