FAA rules & regs versus CAA (UK)

Reaction score
I have been on this board now for a few weeks and have learned a great deal from everyone. Thank you all!

What intrigues me is the apparent vast disparity in rules and regs between our two countries. In the UK, you can not fly UAVs within 150 m of a congested area (built up areas) or 50 m from an individual. Furthermore, we are limited to 400 feet AGL and to 500 m (1,640 feet) horizontally. This is all within one's unaided sight of the drone without the aid of binoculars. In addition, we have similar rules regarding NFZs, it would appear.

All of the above would render it pointless and illegal to extend range beyond one's capacity to see the drone over here in the UK.

I often read posts describing flights in terms of miles from the drone pilot. Are we not all risking a big clampdown on our use of these magnificent birds on both sides of the Pond?

Incidentally, I'm just an enthusiast of flight (drone and Private Pilot) and photography and have no connection with either of these Aviation Authorities!!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adrie