FAA Rules and Regulations

Reaction score
Hi all, sorry to post a thread up if there currently is one. Im a roughneck, looking for a bullet pointed list of dos and dont from the FAA so i can legally enjoy flying around my little quad without fear of breaking any rules. Might someone point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance.

Well according to the charges filed against Mr. Pirker for becoming a paid pilot:
It is reckless endangerment to fly:
Over a pedestrian walkway, or, under a pedestrian walkway;
Over railroad tracks;
Within 20 feet of a statue;
Over a crowd;
And a list of other reasons why it is so illegal.

Still, there are no federal laws governing the use of hobby remote controlled aircraft of any type.
And hopefully, never will be.

Well according to the charges filed against Mr. Pirker for becoming a paid pilot:
It is reckless endangerment to fly:
Over a pedestrian walkway, or, under a pedestrian walkway;
Over railroad tracks;
Within 20 feet of a statue;
Over a crowd;
And a list of other reasons why it is so illegal.

Still, there are no federal laws governing the use of hobby remote controlled aircraft of any type.
And hopefully, never will be.
The charges against Mr. Pirker were for violating 14CFR § 91.13 "Careless and Reckless". He won in the first round because an NTSB Administrative Law Judge found that the FAA has no rules for the operation of a hobby model aircraft. The FAA appealed to a full NTSB hearing (yes, the loser can appeal because this is a civil, not a criminal jurisdiction) and the full NTSB board said that the FAA can enforce 14 CFR § 91.13 for unsafe model aircraft flight. No other rule was addressed by the full NTSB. The case was remanded back to the original ALJ to decide if the flight meets the definition of 'careless and reckless'. No such determination was made because Pirker settled for a fine of $1,100 with no admission of guilt.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers