FAA Registration

Reaction score
This question goes out to all our American pilots living in the US. Where do you place your FAA registration number that is least conspicuous?
The reason I ask is because I am a Canadian and will be visiting the US and would like to fly my Phantom for some nice photography. After contacting the FAA, as a non US citizen I am still required to register. I have gone through the process and have my registration number. I don't want to place it anywhere obvious or permemant because I won't need it when I get back and would like to remove it. Is there somewhere inconspicuous which I can later remove?
Where have some of you placed it? Suggestions?

I believe I read on the registration site that the number can be inside the battery compartment or on the battery.

Just use a label from a "brother" or similar label maker and it'll come right off when you want it to.

I have 1 on the "belly" of the bird, right behind the camera, along with my phone number, etc. and just to be safe, I made one for each battery.

inside the battery compartment. That way they can't read it without a warrant.
Yes, our new president will send you home if you don't follow the law.
So, fly and be free. The only thing you have to fear is FAA goons........

LOL - Can't read it without a warrant, who are you talking about ? Why would you hide your number?

I place mine inside of the battery compartment.

The authorities don't need a warrant (are you kidding) like the police or someone from the FAA, all they need to do is ask.
No one is above the law, are you an anarchist ?

Write it on a piece of masking tape and stick inside of your battery bay unless you travel there often.

Having it out in the open will just attract attention when you are back at home.

Mine is a 1x2 I ordered online and stuck on the vision module. Away from the sensors of course.
I had one on the top 'shelf' created by where the battery goes in but I haven't replaced it since DJI replaced the shell.

It is probably not a good idea to post my FAA or phone number, so it is redacted.

I use a label maker to put the FAA number, and Reward if Found on the legs of one side

And then my phone number and Reward if Found on the legs of the other side

I also put Reward if Found and my phone number on my batts
20170223_231139_LI redacted.jpg 20170223_232243_LI Redacted .jpg

Easy there. Watch your comments as you're walking a very thin line.

They CAN read it without a warrant because when you clicked on "I Agree" when you registered you agreed to where you would put it and that you would show it to LE if asked.

It needs to be in/on the aircraft in-case the battery is ejected. Wouldn't hurt to put on BOTH.

Reactions: Unit505

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik