FAA Registration Site Is Opening When?

So now that the registration is done, I have a few questions.
1. Is the registration number private?
2. Can it be shared here on this site?
The reason I ask is I would like to see what others registration numbers are to see if there's any rhyme or reason to their numbering system. Not being a real pilot like some here, I don't know what the numbers and letters stand for. For example a vin number on a car has letters and numbers and they all have a purpose individually. So does my number mean that I was for example the "100th" person to register? Thanks!!

I'm a retired Fed. It's hilarious that you guys think they'd roll out at midnight. Go back to bed and try again tomorrow...or the next day.

Are commercial users issued "N" numbers? If so then would not it be covered under the first line?

I'm a retired Fed. It's hilarious that you guys think they'd roll out at midnight. Go back to bed and try again tomorrow...or the next day.

Well I'm speaking for myself... I was just kidding around... and being that I have a pretty decent cold, I was awake anyway... :)

Would have been VERY surprised if it went live at midnight...

Are commercial users issued "N" numbers? If so then would not it be covered under the first line?

Yes. An N Number is part of the 333 Exemption. So they are just saying that you need to do the Paper (N Number) registration if you plan on flying your drone to get paid.

Your right FEDs use contractors for everything now days and contract performance is so mired in rules rarely are those that performed poorly not selected again because of all the high priced lawyers used to protect their interests. so your "Best Value" selection is rarely the "Best".

Providing easy access for anyone to get personal information about anyone registering for UAS use equates us with sex offenders. This info should not be openly available, unless a registrant has a conviction for abuse of the rules.

NO its even worse. atleast a sex offended cant be listed intill they are convicted of a sex crime and only in certain levels does it go on the publicly searchable sex offender list and all low level offenders are not one the lists that the public can asses due to them having more rights to privacy then we do with being a drone owner. So to the goverment owning a drone is more of an offense then being a low level sex offender who is even afforded more rights to privacy then we are for daring to own one of these evil drones.

also no one goes and lists all males because we all happen to have the equipment needed to rape someone Yet no one makes us register our ***** and testicles. BEFORE committing a crime nore are we required to have a registration number tattooed on our ***** in case we happen to ever do some thing wrong with it. Or like the saudi millionaire who was just let off on a rape charge the other day after he claimed he FELL on the women repeatedly and didnt mean to rape her and that it was just an accident. and hes not even being reqired to register his junk of be on a public list.

Tho I hope this reg server is not like nys data base for ammo sales that has been a few years sense the date passed that its required to have a background check to be able to even buy a box of ammo and now its been so long they just said ah screw it well let you know some day if we ever get it going.

Yes. An N Number is part of the 333 Exemption. So they are just saying that you need to do the Paper (N Number) registration if you plan on flying your drone to get paid.

Well that's what I thought so why have a separate line saying if you fly outside the US you need to file the paper version if its not for everyone? The first line says if your commercial you do the paper registration anyhow....

You must use the paper registration process if
  • You use your aircraft for commercial purposes
  • You use your aircraft for other than hobby and recreation
  • Your aircraft is 55 lbs. or greater
  • You intend to operate your aircraft outside of the United States

Uh oh... I done broke it :(

Screen Shot 2015-12-21 at 10.37.47 AM☀️.png

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Because all of those bullet points falls under the N Number registration. They are saying that if your drone use falls under any of those, then you need to do the N Number registration. I have an N Number for my Phantom, so I don't need to put this new number on it. But I am building my own, so I'll have to put this new number on it, as I won't use it for commercial use. Hope that makes sense...

Uh oh... I done broke it :(

View attachment 38202
Because all of those bullet points falls under the N Number registration. They are saying that if your drone use falls under any of those, then you need to do the N Number registration. I have an N Number for my Phantom, so I don't need to put this new number on it. But I am building my own, so I'll have to put this new number on it, as I won't use it for commercial use. Hope that makes sense...

Well if your right its not real clear, the bullets fall under "

"Do I need to Register My Drone?"
and

"You must use the paper registration process if"

You need to register your aircraft if it weighs between 0.55 lbs. (250 grams) and up to 55 lbs. (25 kg)

weight-applicibility.png

You will be subject to civil and criminal penalties if you meet the criteria to register a drone and do not register.

You must use the paper registration process if
  • You use your aircraft for commercial purposes
  • You use your aircraft for other than hobby and recreation
  • Your aircraft is 55 lbs. or greater
  • You intend to operate your aircraft outside of the United States

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member