FAA Registration Site Is Opening When?

Service Unavailable
HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.

Maybe too many people trying to check at the same time. Good thing I guess that people are going to register:)

Let's just hope the site wasn't developed by the folks that launched the Obamacare site. If so, we should be able to register by July or so.

Maybe too many people trying to check at the same time. Good thing I guess that people are going to register:)
Failure to register an aircraft may result in regulatory and criminal sanctions. The FAA may assess civil penalties up to $27,500. Criminal penalties include fines of up to $250,000 and/or imprisonment for up to three years. The only reason people will register.......

I must have missed the constitutional ammendment that gives the FAA legeslative powers...Oh wait...there isent one. They have no authority to mandate such a thing and then threaten non-compliers with penelties. I ain't givin em nothin

Yawn. Yes they do, under the premise of safety. You owe income tax to the government as well.

Yawn. Yes they do, under the premise of safety. You owe income tax to the government as well.
A lot of stuff isn't in the Constitution. The Code of Federal Regulations is how long again?

A lot of stuff isn't in the Constitution. The Code of Federal Regulations is how long again?

Yawn.

Q2. Does the FAA have the authority to require registration of UAS used by modelers and hobbyists?

A. Yes. By statute all aircraft are required to register. Congress has defined "aircraft" to include UAS, regardless of whether they are operated by modelers and hobbyists.

Congress has already given the FAA this power. Pretty much end of story. You can feel free not to register. It's a choice. I suspect anyone pounding their chest saying they won't.... will.

Failure to register an aircraft may result in regulatory and criminal sanctions. The FAA may assess civil penalties up to $27,500. Criminal penalties include fines of up to $250,000 and/or imprisonment for up to three years. The only reason people will register.......
Hey Keith, slow down take a breadth, we didn't say we weren't going to register, everyone is saying that the site is not open ....

Just saw this update on the FAA site:

December 21–The Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) Small Unmanned Aircraft System (UAS) registry is expected to go live during the day on December 21. Please check the agency’s home page at www.faa.gov for updates.

+1
In all my years of legal work with Federal Agencies and Federal Courts it has been my experience that when they mention a date for something to happen, it means "by close of business" on that date. This also does not mean that it will only be released at 4pm EST just sometime before 4pm EST on the date mentioned.

This was on the sidebar fo the site and IMHO gives a real picture of the FAA opinion on drones;
Screen Shot 2015-12-21 at 9.23.01 AM.png

This give a cert error but its a gov site and once you add the exception looks legit. I went through the process...

https://www.registermyuas.faa.gov/

Anyone notice this line in red?

You must use the paper registration process if
  • You use your aircraft for commercial purposes
  • You use your aircraft for other than hobby and recreation
  • Your aircraft is 55 lbs. or greater
  • You intend to operate your aircraft outside of the United States

Hey Keith, slow down take a breadth, we didn't say we weren't going to register, everyone is saying that the site is not open ....
The first line above said this, "Maybe too many people trying to check at the same time. Good thing I guess that people are going to register:)" Answer was penalty if they don't register

Anyone notice this line in red?

You must use the paper registration process if
  • You use your aircraft for commercial purposes
  • You use your aircraft for other than hobby and recreation
  • Your aircraft is 55 lbs. or greater
  • You intend to operate your aircraft outside of the United States

I believe they mean the N Number registration...

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.