FAA Registration Rules Announced NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so what exactly is achieved by this? What do we "get" out of playing their game? I already have a means to contact me listed on my drone. Who does the enforcement? I work for a local police agency and I know that they have no plans (let alone authority) to enforce FAA regulations.

Sorry, I don't plan on playing.

You get nothing out of it other then knowing you rolled over and complied like a good sheep and then the goverment gets to have you on a list for when they decide to round them all up soon after they know they have most of them registered just like how they intend to do it with guns and how its been done by tyrannical governments time and time again with out fail registration and lists always eventually get used to go after thos that were foolish enough to register or have a paper trail showing were to go to round them up after registration.

and whats really messed up is seeing all the fools that some how think its a good thing to be registered and on a goverment list as if the goverment is any ones freaking freind or ever have a good intention in the hearts any time they do crap like this and any time some one willinly complies and bends over with a smile on there face as they spread there cheeks to get rammed up the wazo then any one else that does not comply like a good obidant sheep or slave. Then they get told well every one else registered so whats the big deal???? ya and so didnt most every one else also get on them trains in germany that took them to the fun camp/resorts the Germans set up for certain people and any one that had any hesitations or knew some thing was not right got goated in to going any way by the rest of them that said well every one else if going down to the train station so I guess it cant be all that bad and lets just do it cause every one is and who wants to be that one jerk that says no im not going. or liker all the idiots in CT that stod in line to register there guns after being told they can keep there guns but have to register then only to then get letters in the mail about 30 days later telling them they now have to turn them in and a very stern warning that they know who you are and were you are if they are not turned in by the dead line they gave people to turn them in and they lost the guns and there constitutional rights. well more like they handed them over and now they regret it. Tho they dam well deserve it for being scumbags and traitors to there country and constitution and being in the 2% of people that complied to tyranny and unconstitutional decrees. and they all acted like all the criminals and bad guys were also going to go run out and register there guns..
and I bet the morons in the goverment that thought up this registration scene to keep us all safe from bad guys with drones. probably think that any one thats planing to use a drone for some thing nafarious is going to run out and register there drone. YA RIGHT SUREEEEEEEE they will.

What the hell ever happend to this country and the people in it??????? at one time no one would of even had to think twice about any thing like this with out just telling the goverment to go freaking stuff them selves and to piss up a rope.. Not roll over like a bunch of boot lickeing cowards and people saying yes a maser I'll do any thing you want me to ill be a good slave and comply..

Its SIckning and disgusting what losers and wussys Americans are becoming. its like they have been castrated and are now all mostly no balls eunucks and geldings.

Ok, so what exactly is achieved by this? What do we "get" out of playing their game? I already have a means to contact me listed on my drone. Who does the enforcement? I work for a local police agency and I know that they have no plans (let alone authority) to enforce FAA regulations.

Sorry, I don't plan on playing.
Yee-ha! Ride em cowboy!

This may be different but keep in mind that the GA registration fee has been at $5 since 1966. I don't see it as being the "Cash Cow" so many are expecting it to become.
They won't be doing this to lose money. They will make that money up somewhere.

Very sad day for America. This won't stop terrorists or criminals in any way shape or form.

Can anyone list the real world benefits of this? Anyone?
Perhaps putting otherwise great people in jail and levying fines of more than most people make in several years will help everyone?
Maybe it will put an end to the huge number of UAV / airliner collisions that have cost so many lives already?
Maybe it will stop the carnage and damage inflicted all over America by the horrible devices?

So what are the benefits of all this?

Flying is not a right, it's a privilege. LE can view/inspect your license plate and VIN on your car anytime they want. And you are required to have both visible.

Yup, except registrations are a state requirement and the enforcement power is granted to the LEO in that state, and such action in most instances is only permissible while using public roadway.

By your logic should we also readily accept a State droners license, and have annual tabs and fees?

Reactions: CHeRoKee DRiFT
Q: What is the penalty for failing to register?
A: Failure to register an aircraft may result in regulatory and criminal sanctions. The FAA may assess civil penalties up to $27,500. Criminal penalties include fines of up to $250,000 and/or imprisonment for up to three years.

If anyone else had posted this first I would have been surprised.

Reactions: Phoenix Outdoors
So, because of the actions of a very small minority, the vast majority who are safe, sane, and cause no problems have to deal with this crap? Sorry, I think that is the wrong way to go about it. Makes as much sense as requiring an ignition interlock in every car because some people might drive under the influence.

I put my name and phone on the bird with a big "REWARD" sticker because if I lose my $1200 toy, I want some chance of getting it back.

This doesn't accomplish anything except give the bureaucrats the claim they did something when all they did was put words on paper and spend money. Only idiots think someone is going to follow a registration rule that will get them pinched when they break a law.

If I decided that for some reason I needed to land on the south lawn of the White House or hover over final approach at LAX, I think it is a safe bet I am not putting my name and phone number on the bird or registering it either.
Remind me of the laws they passed to use a spent shell casing for a new firearm. That was a joke and waste of money. Last report is, there to be melting down all those casings now.

Reactions: Res41cue
Very sad day for America. This won't stop terrorists or criminals in any way shape or form.

Really? A very sad day for America?? Not at all hyperbolic ;)

I don't think it's going to accomplish what they want it to (which is the rest of your point). But good lord... I'm not putting this day down as a "very sad day for America"

I would say it's more a typical day in America.... and when I register, I expect my life to go along as usual... because, let's be honest here, the government already knows who I am and where I live since I also have that pesky other registration number called a SSN.

Let's not pretend this is anything more than a minor inconvenience.

No doubt you are correct but it is still amazing that they could impose that draconian a set of penalties under any circumstances.

ANY circumstance? Even when someone purposely fly above run way and the UAV (not necessary a Phantom) gets suck into jet engine and cause it to crash? Not even then?

Ok, maybe that's not bad enough. How about strapping explosive on fix wing then fly toward a plane taking off? How about then?

I think we all agree on not for flying in the local park, but to say any circumstances.........

So how will this keep nefarious people from flying their craft onto the Whitehouse lawn or buzzing over a Stadium or whatever?

I'm not a criminal, but maybe their mind doesn't work quite the same way as mine does. In my mind, if I'm going to do something with my aircraft that might be illegal, or frowned upon by local or federal government agencies I'm pretty much going to guarantee my little sticker with my register number won't be on it. Makes tracking it pretty darn difficult.....

I guess they are really hoping to only catch the most stupid RC craft criminals that are out there.

I'm glad someone else gets it.

Stuff like this is simply "Theater" that only impacts the masses who don't run afoul of the law in the first place while doing little if anything to those who regularly break laws and victimize others.

I guess it is just easier to say you are doing something than it is to actually do something. I am thinking the millions spent on this folly could have been put to far better use.

I think the FAA and their attempt to license/register drone use will be no more "successful" than the FCC has been in getting people licensed for GRMS radio use, another example of the abortion that results when there is too much government.

I don't think it's going to accomplish what they want it to (which is the rest of your point). But good lord... I'm not putting this day down as a "very sad day for America"

I would say it's more a typical day in America.... and when I register, I expect my life to go along as usual... because, let's be honest here, the government already knows who I am and where I live since I also have that pesky other registration number called a SSN.

Yes...ANY DAY we lose our rights and freedoms over utter nonsense IS INDEED a sad day for America. Many are ok with giving up freedom for nonsense however.

So answer my question....what are the real world benefits to these new rules?

It's easy to miss the big picture....looking at the world through a straw ;)

And car, and boat, and gun, and driver licenses, and passport , and credit card, and checking accounts, and ......

Yeah, that boat (alone with your registration) sailed long ago.

Hahahahah

Reactions: Buckaye
What a bunch of BS, Today $5 in 3 years $100 or whatever they deem reasonable. We should be able to return our drones for a full refund, Dji and the rest of drone makers were be sure to lobby against this then.., no one signed up for these regulation ,fees or fines. There's no due process here and we are being treated like criminals. We are sheep hear us not roar ... America..

Yes...ANY DAY we lose our rights and freedoms over utter nonsense IS INDEED a sad day for America. Many are ok with giving up freedom for nonsense however.

It's easy to miss the big picture....looking at the world through a straw ;)

Oh no... we've suddenly found ourselves on a slippery slope TODAY.... well you and I will have a lot to talk about when we're rounded up into the drone owners' internment camps next year. It is a very sad day in America indeed.... right up there with all the tragedy going on in the world... sigh.

The members in this forum and others, amuse me. The ones actually supporting this and telling other members that this "registration" is a good thing, is hilarious. What do any of you, (supporters of this measure) - actually think any good is going to come from this? All you are doing is putting your name on a list - AND, you are actually PAYING $5 to be on a FAA watchlist for flying a TOY. My rant is over, I will continue to sit and laugh at you.

Oh no... we've suddenly found ourselves on a slippery slope TODAY.... well you and I will have a lot to talk about when we're rounded up into the drone owners' internment camps next year. It is a very sad day in America indeed.... right up there with all the tragedy going on in the world... sigh.

Yep...just keep going "Baaaaaaaaa" and giving up your rights one by one....let's see how that works out for ya in the long run.
The number of sheeple in this nation is out of control.

The members in this forum and others, amuse me. The ones actually supporting this and telling other members that this "registration" is a good thing, is hilarious. What do any of you, (supporters of this measure) - actually think any good is going to come from this? All you are doing is putting your name on a list - AND, you are actually PAYING $5 to be on a FAA watchlist for flying a TOY. My rant is over, I will continue to sit and laugh at you.

Well said.
I'm waiting for the obedient sheeple to post up the BENEFITS of the millions spent on this already.
So far, all I hear is this stupid sound...."BAAAAAAAAAAA"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20