FAA Registration Required

Reaction score
Hi folks. Many of you probably already knew this but I'm just a noob. And, it's probably a thread that's already been discussed in this forum. Anyway, I happened to run across a YouTube video that mentioned that small UAS (Unmanned Aircraft Systems) are required to be registered with the FAA prior to being flown and your certificate number is to be displayed somewhere on the quad. There seem to be a lot of folks new to the hobby on this forum so just thought I'd give folks a heads up. I think I paid a total of $62 but I got the whole works (e.g., photo ID card, extra certificate stickers to place on the bird) but I think you can get away with just registering for a lot less.
IMG_0576.PNG

Hi Gerry, which drone do you have? and i thought it was according to weight? could you please attach a link to the site you registered at?

It's easier to register for $5 with the FAA directly on their website here.

Reactions: Falcon900
Hi Gerry, which drone do you have? and i thought it was according to weight? could you please attach a link to the site you registered at?
I have a P3S and msinger's link provides the information you need.

You have been conned..... :(
Oh yeah, I probably shouldn't had done it at 11:30 pm after cocktails in the evening. And they added extra on for doing it with email versus snail mail but I wanted my certificate ASAP as I've been doing some flying around the outskirts of the city and did a point of interest over an empty ballpark. I know I'll be accosted eventually by the law and I wanted to be prepared. I do get a cool ID card with my picture on it ahhahaha.

Reactions: BigAl07
Just for the record AGAIN, it's only $5 to register on the official FAA site. You get registered immediately and get a printable certificate and registration number. Please pass on to anyone you know who might be considering buying a sUAS.

Hello Garry65 I am also new to the world of drones. I registered last night on the FAA's website it cost me five dollars and yes you have to display your number on the drone whether it's with a piece of tape or a sharpie you could also display inside of the battery case

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik