FAA Registration | How much it REALLY cost!

Hey drone pilots! My wife and I have put together a small video to show you what you get for your money when you pay to register your drone. Let's just say, it's not $5 like what you may think. I know this probably should be in the video section but I wanted to have it here for anyone looking for FAA information.

Dude, no wonder it cost you so much to register, you went through a 'service' that makes money off of people that don't do things for themselves. The FAA only charges $5 PERIOD. They don't sell stickers, they expect you to generate your own. you input your information and print out your own registration card. Your wife's name is spelled wrong because someone at this third party company entered it wrong. The direct site for FAA registration is sUAS Registration.

Here in the Netherlands you need also to register your drone for COMMERCIAL use. But if I using the drone to fly for fun I can do more then a registered user. Also we have the discussion in the Netherlands, what is a "drone"? The definition of drone is unmanned aircraft. So I can think a rc plane is a drone. A rc heli is a drone. We have a organisation in the Netherlands for RC aircrafts. I'm registered there. They are protecting us. Because if the law says it is illegal to fly drones. We are also done. So they are also taking care of the rules. So if a non registered person can only fly under 30 meter we ase a registered people can fly up to 120 meter. Also we need a pilot license before people can register. So we had to do a exam. How is this going in the States?

Sent from my ONE A2003 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Here in the Netherlands you need also to register your drone for COMMERCIAL use. But if I using the drone to fly for fun I can do more then a registered user. Also we have the discussion in the Netherlands, what is a "drone"? The definition of drone is unmanned aircraft. So I can think a rc plane is a drone. A rc heli is a drone. We have a organisation in the Netherlands for RC aircrafts. I'm registered there. They are protecting us. Because if the law says it is illegal to fly drones. We are also done. So they are also taking care of the rules. So if a non registered person can only fly under 30 meter we ase a registered people can fly up to 120 meter. Also we need a pilot license before people can register. So we had to do a exam. How is this going in the States?

In the US, all remote control aircraft, including drones, that weigh more than 0.55 pounds have to be registered. Actually, for hobby flying, it is the aircraft pilot that is registered, not the aircraft. I can use the same registration number on all of my 'hobby' aircraft. There are operating guidelines for RC aircraft, but nothing too terribly oppressive. Flying put to 130 meters above ground level and in some instances even higher is permissible. It's when we want to fly an RC aircraft 'commercially' that we have register as a pilot. This involves some testing and more defined rules about where/when we can conduct such flights. latest rules (known as Part 107) goes into effect the end of this month with new testing and licensing procedures.

Dude, no wonder it cost you so much to register, you went through a 'service' that makes money off of people that don't do things for themselves. The FAA only charges $5 PERIOD. They don't sell stickers, they expect you to generate your own. you input your information and print out your own registration card. Your wife's name is spelled wrong because someone at this third party company entered it wrong. The direct site for FAA registration is sUAS Registration.

I went straight to the FAA.gov site. I didn't know about 3rd party people. And I guess I didn't need to get the cards or stickers but I didn't want any slack from uneducated people that ask me about my drone registration. How am I going to prove I'm registered without nothing to show...so opted for the cards and the stickers I ordered because they come with my telephone number on it in case I lose my drone. Yes I could have spent $5....not saying you can't. But I went with 3 years instead of 1 year. That's what the video was explaining. And no I didn't do some 3rd party site. I put the drone registration link I used right in the description. It's not rocket science but I wanted to show that you can spend more than $5. Like I said, there tons of dumb people out there and I'd rather provide a card to show instead of explaining to some idiot.

I read that in some countries you need a pilots license and take a class and clock flight hours....that's INSANE! We just go online, register. yes you can pay only $5 but I opted for a 3 year registration instead of 1 and opted for the ID cards in case someone ask and bought the stickers that has my registration number and phone number in case y drone gets lost. We have restrictions on where we can fly. You can't fly 5 miles from an airport. Then you have to worry about normal people telling you not to fly on their property, etc. Most people I have ran into think the drone is cool and ask questions about it. For the most part it's a super easy process.

This is the website I went to. I got this from the forums here

sUAS Registration - Federal Aviation Administration

I went straight to the FAA.gov site. I didn't know about 3rd party people. And I guess I didn't need to get the cards or stickers but I didn't want any slack from uneducated people that ask me about my drone registration. How am I going to prove I'm registered without nothing to show...so opted for the cards and the stickers I ordered because they come with my telephone number on it in case I lose my drone. Yes I could have spent $5....not saying you can't. But I went with 3 years instead of 1 year. That's what the video was explaining. And no I didn't do some 3rd party site. I put the drone registration link I used right in the description. It's not rocket science but I wanted to show that you can spend more than $5. Like I said, there tons of dumb people out there and I'd rather provide a card to show instead of explaining to some idiot.

Others may be dumb or idiots but you seem confused.

You don't know the $5 FAA registration is good for 3 years?

You say went straight to the FAA site and then hawk some registration service near the end of the vid.

Good luck with your Vlog.

Others may be dumb or idiots but you seem confused.

You don't know the $5 FAA registration is good for 3 years?

You say went straight to the FAA site and then hawk some registration service near the end of the vid.

Good luck with you Vlog.

I'm confused here because I don't know any other site to go to other than
Why would i go anywhere else? I'm even clicking on the link and it's exactly where I went before. I have no clue what you guys are even talking about with a 3rd party service.

I'm confused here because I don't know any other site to go to other than
Why would i go anywhere else? I'm even clicking on the link and it's exactly where I went before. I have no clue what you guys are even talking about with a 3rd party service.

Then why does your co-host say go to droneregistration.com near the end?
Which is not active anyways.

Just cause you can make a video doesn't mean you should.

You are just confusing people and then directing them to a/your? registry service???

Then why does your co-host say go to droneregistration.com near the end?
Which is not active anyways.

Just cause you can make a video doesn't mean you should.

You are just confusing people and then directing them to a/your? registry service???

I just checked.....you are right! Somehow either I clicked something wrong or something but I did get kicked into a 3rd party site....F$%^! I know for a fact I clicked on the typical link for the FAA. Now I'm worried my **** isn't even registered :( It's not my regestry service. I put the FAA website link in the description of my video. Great I'm gonna have to pull the video cause it is misleading. I even went through and backtracked and remember everything....HTF did I get kicked into a 3rd party? Ok thanks man...wasn't arguing with you....I screwed up somewhere

I just checked.....you are right! Somehow either I clicked something wrong or something but I did get kicked into a 3rd party site....F$%^! I know for a fact I clicked on the typical link for the FAA. Now I'm worried my **** isn't even registered :( It's not my regestry service. I put the FAA website link in the description of my video. Great I'm gonna have to pull the video cause it is misleading. I even went through and backtracked and remember everything....HTF did I get kicked into a 3rd party? Ok thanks man...wasn't arguing with you....I screwed up somewhere

I hope you do better research in the future.

I for one would not subscribe and cannot recommend your v-logs.

There's too much content out there already and I'm afraid you've made a bad impression.

I hope you do better research in the future.

I for one would not subscribe and cannot recommend your v-logs.

There's too much content out there already and I'm afraid you've made a bad impression.

All good. I'm new man....I pulled the video. Did expect to get kicked into a 3rd party site somehow.

If the third party site did actually register you, you should be able to go to the real site and check. Gotta watch those sneaky b&$$&ards.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik