FAA registration and form AC Form 8050-1

Just so I am clear on this, am I correct that you only need to register your Phantom 3 with the FAA if you intend to use if for commercial purposes. If you only intent to fly it as a hobby you do not need to register it. Thanks!

Just so I am clear on this, am I correct that you only need to register your Phantom 3 with the FAA if you intend to use if for commercial purposes. If you only intent to fly it as a hobby you do not need to register it. Thanks!

You are correct, registration is only for commercial use.

CORRECT, as of today.

I have reserved my N numbers (3) and paid but I have not received confirmation. I only received confirmation that my money was taken! I will call them tomorrow.
See where it says look up N number on the right side of the page? enter your reserved number (without the N) and it will show it as reserved.
http://www.faa.gov/

The FAA will only accept a bill of sale signed in ink (AC Form 8050-2). Everyone who sold your Phantom must complete that form.

.... I ordered my P3P off of Amazon. I don't have a signed bill of sale...

How do I resolve that?

.... I ordered my P3P off of Amazon. I don't have a signed bill of sale...

How do I resolve that?
I can only relay what I did. I completed the 8050-1 (which cannot be download, it's a multicopy form you have to get from the FAA, printed my emailed invoice, filled the 8050-88 and had it notarized, and my registration flew thru w/o hitches.

Sure is a lot of crap to go through to fly a $1300 quad copter.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4