FAA Notice of proposed Rulemaking, Feb 2015

• Thread starter Deleted member 29014
  • Start date
"First, this letter is not related to what you initially posted. As such, I see this whole thread as being misleading in the least. "

Couldn't be more wrong if you tried. Of course is related, same topic and, BTW, the moderators are frowning on starting new threads on same topic. Take it up with them.

"Second, this appears to be the standard warning letter that the FAA has been sending out for some time."

Really?, you work for the FAA or are you an aviation lawyer? Read the visible portions, not a form letter but one with very specific details, notifying an individual a fine is being proposed. I'm not an aviation attorney so I am not going to tell you what happens next but I can guess.

And lastly, get off my case. I did not post an opinion but merely disseminated info from the UAVSA which is in the UAV's community interest, so go complain to them. EOD.

You initially posted FAA proposed guidelines. These are not regulations and have no legal enforcement behind them. You then posted a warning letter about commercial flying which is illegal and make it appear that these are the same things. I'm not posting to convince you of this, it's to let others know there is a big difference.

It is a form letter. A form letter cab be addressed to one person. It's the standard _warning_ letter that the FAA has been sending out for awhile now. You can tell it's a form by searching the Internet for this same letter that has been mailed out to other people.

I'm not on your case. I'm only posting my opinion. Something you agree I should be able to do.

It's extremely hard to differentiate the FUD from reality. Ok, so that letter, what does it mean? What will actually come of it? Can the FAA issue him a fine like the police dept will mail me a ticket for running a red light? Or will it need to go to court again, and if so, how will we monitor the results? Is there anything actually actionable here?

I'm not fighting here. I'm serious about these questions.
Although I'm not sure why the OP derailed his own thread (don't see what this letter has to do with Notice of Proposed Rules...this letter would be in regards to current rules...and possible consequences of flying commercially without an exemption currently, which seems like might of been a new topic, but anyhoo), to answer your questions, this letter looks like a "Notice of Proposed Assessment" (primarily cause that's what it is titled, no idea or judgement of whether it's real, or a draft example...looks official). A Notice of Proposed Assessment is an element in the process to assess a fine. The incident and contact by the FAA likely began with a phone call(s) and "conversation(s)", followed by a Notice of Proposed Assessment if the administrator believes there are actionable offense(s), then there are many options the receiver has, explained in an attachment to the notice (which we don't see here). Here is an example Attachment: http://www.faa.gov/about/office_org...c/operations/regional/ASO/links/view/nopa.pdf. The receiver typically has 15 days to respond, which can take many different paths, explained in the attachment.

I don't know of any way to follow up in the disposition of this matter, unless it actually turns into an Order of Assessment, with an Appeal (which takes some time, process, and headache, and lawyers, and cost). If it gets that far, an Administrative Law Judge is assigned, then the documents are public. If the receiver settles with the administrator and doesn't share themselves the result, we may never now. If it goes all the way to an ALJ, it may take some time.

In any case, the receiver of this letter has some big headaches ahead of them.

Its precisely because laws aren't "set in stone" yet why people need to behave now. Because its the morons that will determine how severe the rules will be since its now that the rules are being written.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic