FAA Notice of proposed Rulemaking, Feb 2015

• Thread starter Deleted member 29014
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 29014

For those new here who haven't had a chance to read this.
For those who hate the govmn't, the FAA, and authority in general; spare me your comments and just move on.

Attachments

• U_S_DOT_FAA_-_Regulatory_Evaluation.pdf
    499.1 KB · Views: 497
?? And your point is ??
This is an old document that was discussed here months ago.

RIGHT ON CUE!
Well, he does have a point. You now even have the site administrator telling you that there are no actual "rules and regulations" that are set in stone. It's just a fabrication from all you Nancy's worrying about how everybody else is going to "bring down the hobby". Why are you on here arguing for something that doesn't exist?!

Well, he does have a point. You now even have the site administrator telling you that there are no actual "rules and regulations" that are set in stone. It's just a fabrication from all you Nancy's worrying about how everybody else is going to "bring down the hobby". Why are you on here arguing for something that doesn't exist?!
Don't need anyone to tell me what the rules are, and are not. I have a masters degree and a commercial pilot's license, I too can read. What I posted is information that may be new to some new users. It is obvious to me now only the illuminati can post opinions here, and the rest of us mere mortals have to suck it up. FYI, I don't bully easily, until the forum administrators kick me off, I'll be here. Apparently the name calling rules ("you Nancy's") does not apply to the chosen ones. EOD.

Another FAA policy thread? You guys are going to keep Steve up all night! Hasn't he made it clear already? There are no rules! You can do WHATEVER you want!!!!

As for the Nancy's, keep it civil and on topic please. Name calling is not welcome.

Reactions: dirkclod
popcorn.gif

Reactions: dirkclod and Ti22
Just received an email from the Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Systems Association with embedded copies of a notice of proposed assessment, dated June 8, 2015 from the FAA Great Lakes Office to a UAV operator to the tune of $3,300 civil penalty for flying commercially w/o a 333 exemption. The name/address is blacked out. I asked the UAVSA for permission to repost their email but they declined, "it's a member of UAVSA that has a lot of visibility and said we could use it to tell the other members but nothing more."

Of course, my friends here will say it's a fake from the UAVSA or a lie from me, and challenge me to prove it. Don't really care. I'm sharing this for those who actually want to be informed.. This forum is to share information, not to be muzzled by those who don't like the information, it is in that spirit I'm sharing this UAVSA email content restricted to members only.

Stevemann, If I find the identity of the operator I'll refer him to you for legal advice on how to "beat it."

Same old same old... I don't see any laws.... Just 'suggestions' and 'recommendations'. I'm fine with that!

The UAVSA game me permission to repost their email, there was some confusion as they thought I was asking for the original copy of the FAA document from the member who received it. However, I can't figure how to attach an email so here's the sections I was able to cut and paste. If you want the email, send an email to my "throwaway" email address: [email protected].

ps- If this notice from the feds pisses you off please let the FAA know, I'm just the messenger.

Attachments

• Document1.pdf
    88.4 KB · Views: 234
  • Document2.pdf
    143.6 KB · Views: 223
I believe the NPRM comment 'window' has closed.

We now wait for the final draft which should reflect the comments received where they see fit.

It's extremely hard to differentiate the FUD from reality. Ok, so that letter, what does it mean? What will actually come of it? Can the FAA issue him a fine like the police dept will mail me a ticket for running a red light? Or will it need to go to court again, and if so, how will we monitor the results? Is there anything actually actionable here?

I'm not fighting here. I'm serious about these questions.

The UAVSA game me permission to repost their email, there was some confusion as they thought I was asking for the original copy of the FAA document from the member who received it. However, I can't figure how to attach an email so here's the sections I was able to cut and paste. If you want the email, send an email to my "throwaway" email address: [email protected].

ps- If this notice from the feds pisses you off please let the FAA know, I'm just the messenger.
Did they send it in the same unreadable format that you posted it in?

Well, reality is that he's in trouble. All your questions are good questions, but regardless of the barrage of "expert" answers you are about to see here, only the FAA knows and we'll just have to wait and see. If I get anything from UAVSA as to final disposition, I will share it here.

Well, reality is that he's in trouble. All your questions are good questions, but regardless of the barrage of "expert" answers you are about to see here, only the FAA knows and we'll just have to wait and see. If I get anything from UAVSA as to final disposition, I will share it here.
I don't think anyone here is giving a barrage of expert answers when it comes to "commercial" flying of a drone. Without a 333, it's illegal. Period. Fly for money without a 333 exemption at your own risk. And there are many out there doing it.

roflmao2.gif

I don't think anyone here is giving a barrage of expert answers when it comes to "commercial" flying of a drone. Without a 333, it's illegal. Period. Fly for money without a 333 exemption at your own risk. And there are many out there doing it.
roflmao2.gif
""]I don't think anyone here is giving a barrage of expert answers when it comes to "commercial" flying of a drone" No, not at all.

First, this letter is not related to what you initially posted. As such, I see this whole thread as being misleading in the least. Second, this appears to be the standard warning letter that the FAA has been sending out for some time.

Yes I'd be worried about breaking an actual law. I'd not be worried much about breaking a recommendation. Id also not make a post look like they are the same thing.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik