FAA just increased the no fly zone around DC from 15 miles to 30 miles

...and quite a lot of it IS true.

I wasn't trying to be arrogant, but the reason I asked if you had sold stock photography, and I mean on stock photography sites, is I have a hard time believing someone who has went through that arduous process of ensuring your photos are stock photography worthy would think the Phantom cameras are as good as the gopros

Here is a video comparing the Gopro 4 to the phantom 3. The dynamic range is better, the details are better and the white balances is better. I have found this same phenomenon. If they both had the same lens, the Gopro would blow the phantom 3 out of the water. Yes, the sensor pixels are the same, but the lens, and algorithm are clearly very different. AT 43 SECONDS YOU CAN SEE A HUGE DIFFERENCE IN DETAIL TIPPED WAY TOWARD THE GOPRO
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Here are some of mine to compare at the link below. The two in the top right corner are ones I have taken with the Phantom 3. All the other CLoudscapes are actually with the Gopro Hero 3+ Black

The Suburban Hippie Photographer

The "prove it" was about proving that the FAA, IRS, and NSA did shady things to the public under different admins.
Good comparison. The P3 after exposure adjustment sure looked like it had finer detail the GoPro, and overall looked much better.

The GoPro/P3 comparisons are the same tired things that were all over the forums when the P3 was released.
But they disappeared pretty quickly when the ex-gopro users actually tried the P3.

Whether one camera has trivially better features (addressable in Photoshop) or not is irrelevant when you can control one properly in flight and you have no control of the other up in the air.
Aerial photography is a lot of compromises but I'd never give up the ability to take the photo I choose when I choose to.
And dealing with fisheye images is a close second for things I'd not go back to.

Reactions: SouthernPhantom
I watched the video. Good comparison!

But it seems that many of the differences can be adjusted, either with the camera settings, or later when editing.

I use Adobe Premiere. So, with my GoPro, I set it at ProTune, so the dynamic range appears to be less than the Phantom. However I'm a skier, so that way it doesn't blow out the white snow. I fix it later with Premiere, and it's all quite stunning.

Same with the Phantom -- the Phantom exposes for different areas of the picture, depending how you set it. I use raw mode for my stills, then adjust later.

I guess it's all in the eye of the user and how the material is edited later.

The GoPro/P3 comparisons are the same tired things that were all over the forums when the P3 was released.
But they disappeared pretty quickly when the ex-gopro users actually tried the P3.

Whether one camera has trivially better features (addressable in Photoshop) or not is irrelevant when you can control one properly in flight and you have no control of the other up in the air.
Aerial photography is a lot of compromises but I'd never give up the ability to take the photo I choose when I choose to.
And dealing with fisheye images is a close second for things I'd not go back to.

That is a smart thing you said. I can totally agree with that. I have always said the camera is not as good, but the camera control is what makes it.

In fact, here is my review in the link below saying the camera control outweighs the poor camera lens

Amazon.com: The Suburban Hippie Experimentalist's review of DJI Phantom 3 Standard Quadcopter Drone wi...

Some things surely can be adjusted in photo shop, but detail isn't one of them. You can sharpen a photo, but you can't increase detail. You can correct the look of purple fringing, but there are still some issues from it.

Here is a video I made showing removal of purple fringing in the phanom 3 standard

Here is a video I made showing removal of lens flare, and purple fringing in video

Here is a video I made showing how to bring out the clouds in your drone shots. This was a picture by the GoPro Hero 3+ black, and the detail in the clouds BLOWS AWAY anything the phantom cameras can do

Just for good measure, here is an experiment in bringing out the clouds in Phantom 3 Standard Video

Hi, anyone out there fly around Annapolis MD, or in Anne Arundel county ? I've got a P3 professional and really want help learning how to use it to its fullest. I've got small children so I just Dont have hours to spend watching YouTube videos on how to do it , plus I'm a hands on kinda guy anyway and would be much easier learning from one of you seasoned phantom pilots out there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers