FAA just contacted me

I think i'll set up an anonymous youtube/facebook account so I can start screwing with these FAA guys. I could not imagine contacting someone via facebook in a professional manner. In my opinion this NEEDS to end, they're making it way way way way wayyyy to easy for someone to imitate an FAA agent(or whatever they are considered) which could cause a whole slew of problems.

Responding does not entail turning over your flight logs.
If you don't respond, you will still be contacted by another means.
I've not heard of anyone of this list being asked for flight logs, but several have been contacted via Facebook or Youtube, sent safety letters and nothing more.

It does if the person openly offers their flight logs like the OP said he did..........

Come on guys !!! Really ??? Do y'all really think thats how the FAA conducts business ???
just because a guy provided you a name and number that can be found on a website your going to believe what he says ??? On Facebook for goodness sakes !!!
People .. Please tell me y'all have more common sense that that...

I'm with jbjo doesn't make any sense

Reactions: JBJO
Never heard of gov't agencies and Law Enforcement using Social Media before???

Where y'all been?

Come on guys !!! Really ??? Do y'all really think thats how the FAA conducts business ???
just because a guy provided you a name and number that can be found on a website your going to believe what he says ??? On Facebook for goodness sakes !!!
People .. Please tell me y'all have more common sense that that...
I'm with jbjo doesn't make any sense
Have you guys not seen the other thread where people called scam but it was true? The FAA is using new and different tactics to reach out to drone operators who post videos on line.

Reactions: BigAl07
Never heard of gov't agencies and Law Enforcement using Social Media before???

Where y'all been?
Have you guys not seen the other thread where people called scam but it was true? The FAA is using new and different tactics to reach out to drone operators who post videos on line.

I dont need to.. I am an active LEO in the state of Florida ... I know what agencies can and cannot do within the limits of a persons civil rights..

I dont need to.. I am an active LEO in the state of Florida ... I know what agencies can and cannot do within the limits of a persons civil rights..

Wow. Am I the only one here not claiming to be LEO?
Please cite the statute, ordinance, or other document to support your position.

So you on record are saying it didn't happen and that LE Agencies don't use social media?

And that an agency wouldn't make contact that way?

Me smellum heap BS

Reactions: BigAl07
It is a violation of my civil rights to be contacted by a government entity via social media?
Is that what you are saying?

It is a violation of my civil rights to be contacted by a government entity via social media?
Is that what you are saying?

Brandon Raub comes to mind with regards to FB posts.

Operation Vigilant Eagle is only about social media and certain targets. You miss the memo?

I just looked them up.
Don't see the nexus.

If you're referring to the Raub comment, I was going to say the same thing. It may seem a little strange, but it is in no way a violation of the Constitution or anyone's civil rights for a government agent or employee to use social media to contact a private citizen.

Reactions: GoodnNuff
Its a typical 'drive-by' reference post.

People Google some key words, read a sentence or two, and throw it 'over the fence'.

Then it's followed up by a snarky comment to really show how in-the-know they are.

I just looked them up.
Don't see the nexus.

Agencies monitior social media.

They ID potential targets for whatever their specific target group is.

They monitor, contact and infiltrate/prosecute, or contact and educate/ divert/dissuade.

Raub was technically scooped up as a threat to himself after FB posts. Although seems he was making threatening posts. IIRC.

I didn't say I don't understand, I said I don't see the nexus.

Of course they monitor SM... that's how the OP of this thread was contacted!

Contacted again via Facebook messenger

a2a6c6c2060a92583426aba90ffb2c11.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Did I do something wrong lol[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] sounded a little guilty to me. I would ask him to contact you professionally if he wants a professional answer. You should of said I already graduated I don't need an educational letter but thanks anyways. Also if he works for the faa have him do his job and look up your registered address.

The connection is in this FAA case they monitored, and decided to educate as it was likely based on a general complaint they received.

In another case they might monitor, contact a "Raub", and get close enough to evaluate whether it's 1stAmend speech or serious threats.

Clear it up any?

Did I do something wrong lol[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] sounded a little guilty to me. I would ask him to contact you professionally if he wants a professional answer.

Where do you find these ways to contact someone professionally?

Is there a list or document or some other guideline?

How do I recognize a professional contact if I'm ever contacted?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj