FAA Investigating Possible Illegal Use Of Drone At Hartford

Re: FAA Investigating Possible Illegal Use Of Drone At Hartf

wtf this is not good.

i agree it is not proper use of it but comparing apples to oranges, what about all the paparazi who surround accidents looking to get footage of blood. What about the ones who watched Princess Diana die instead of helping her. THEY actually SELL that footage. As long as this drone operator isn't selling the footage, it is no worse than my above example. I agree it isn't ethical, but I can already see a typical government kneejerk reaction to this coming soon.

Reactions: JKDSensei
Re: FAA Investigating Possible Illegal Use Of Drone At Hartf

“These drones will be able to broadcast live from active shooters or SWAT team tactical units. … (It’s) very, very concerning to law enforcement because it could give the bad guys an upper hand,” says Brinson.

They should outlaw criminals from owning or using UAV's so were all safe. That way they could never get or use one... wait, this sounds kinda familiar. :roll:
It will probably work out the same way... law abiding folks will have to suffer due to paranoia and new laws/regulations that don't work will be implemented with no real thought to the outcome as long as the public 'feels' they are safer.

If people are going to move forward and embrace the future and technology, well this is part of it.
Hindering the use of drones is simply censorship and anti-freedom. If the Police are doing nothing wrong, why should they worry about being filmed ?

(Note how many people say individuals shouldn't be concerned if authorities have access to all our private information "if you've done nothing wrong".....but if you turn the tables around, suddenly to those same people it's wrong for individuals to video authorities.)

How is this different from a bystander / paparazzi taking a picture of an accident scene? The 'safety' aspect is a bit overstated. Yes, a Phantom could hurt if it hit you but so can lots of things. It would be unlikely to cause any significant harm. They found the operator - I'm pretty sure it's going to be hard to hit him with anything particularly illegal even if it is bad form and stupid thing to do.

proper use?.. I can stand on the side of the road with my zoom lens and take pictures of a wreck scene.. might not be moral.. but its certainly not an invasion of privacy they are on a public road. Would i do that? No.. if i was a newspaper reporter etc wanting to report the accident maybe, but then i wouldnt publish any bodies dead or maimed either.. people start yelling privacy about anything now days..... then they pull out the same old card.. well it might not be good for police down the road... well the time they used the CNN drone to see what barricades were behind the building during the hostage situation they sure didnt mind the live feed.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl