FAA Drone Decals Controller Stability Bracket - Not Impressed

Reaction score
I must be in the minority here as I have read others rave about this bracket.
Stability Bracket for DJI Controllers

#1 The foot (base) doesn't sit exactly flash on the curvature of the controller. There is slight movement there. The front of the foot sits flush the rear does not ever so slightly but enough for slight movement. Loosening the screw on the front and then tightening the screw on the back all the way down first does not remedy this. The stock metal DJi bracket does not move period. Sure it has less threads in it and the collar comes loose easily but with some blue lock-tite problem solved. If the threads break loose no big deal your tablet isn't going to fall off and the bracket isn't going to fall off. There's a screw in the front still holding things together.

#2 The biggest deal here is the plastic washers coupled with the bracket and the stock DJi top mount, the thing that holds your phone/tablet, does not hold that top DJi mount strong enough at all. The DJi tablet mount swivels way too easily. Tightening the screw as tight as I can get it is still too loose for my liking. The metal DJi mount is 10x tighter. I can't imagine anyone with a full size iPad being able to deal with this issue. With my iPad Mini it's still too loose.

I am thinking about returning the bracket. We'll see if they allow returns. I've used it exactly once. It's not for me.

I installed this mount about a month ago, and love it. I'm using it with a full-size iPad Air, and have not encountered any swivel issues. This mount has completely changed the degree to which I trust letting the RC/iPad combo dangle from my harness, as I carry my drone case in one hand while opening/shutting doors, gates, etc. with the other hand.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I chose a slightly different way to deal with the ipad Air 2, didn't want it to be top heavy, didn't want cracks to occur in the RC case....purchased this metal clamp from Square Jellyfish that fit onto a mini tripod that I already had, 10 ft. lightning cable from Apple and now everyone can see the device.
square jellyfish.JPG

I concur with mindtrick - had mine about a month and it is rock solid. I agree that the swivel doesn't handle the weight of an iPad Air too well so I made a "kickstand" out of a piece of wire coat hanger. Just figure the length you need according to the angle you want to maintain - weight of the display holds it in place. It mounts in the screw socket area on the bottom and in between the plastic rail on the display mount at the top. Works great for me.
kickstand.JPG

View attachment 50743 Phantom 751874

Are you NUTS or is it you just work for another company that sells a cheaper bracket? :rolleyes:
Funny how your post is right up there on the top of google, and that all the folks who love the bracket are not listed :rolleyes:

1st from my picture you can see that the foot fits perfectly

2nd it doesn't take a math genius to figure out that a 1" wide foot is more stable then a 1/8" bolt...period

3rd if you strip out both bolts from constantly tightening them the mount and pad CAN fall off.( why would you even say that)

4th there are countless videos showing the video screen flopping forward and backwards even on the Inspire bracket.
the two plastic washers actually eliminate that problem not make it worst.

Everyone I have talked to this love this bracket...makes me wonder what your motive is...shame shameo_O

No motive. Just an individual hobbyist. I have nothing to sell. Look at all my posts here on Phantom Pilots.

I would make a video comparison but honestly it's not worth my time. I've already taken the bracket off and shot a note to the seller requesting a refund.

#1 The foot (base) doesn't sit exactly flash on the curvature of the controller. There is slight movement there. The front of the foot sits flush the rear does not ever so slightly but enough for slight movement. Loosening the screw on the front and then tightening the screw on the back all the way down first does not remedy this. The stock metal DJi bracket does not move period. Sure it has less threads in it and the collar comes loose easily but with some blue lock-tite problem solved. If the threads break loose no big deal your tablet isn't going to fall off and the bracket isn't going to fall off. There's a screw in the front still holding things together.

#2 The biggest deal here is the plastic washers coupled with the bracket and the stock DJi top mount, the thing that holds your phone/tablet, does not hold that top DJi mount strong enough at all. The DJi tablet mount swivels way too easily. Tightening the screw as tight as I can get it is still too loose for my liking. The metal DJi mount is 10x tighter. I can't imagine anyone with a full size iPad being able to deal with this issue. With my iPad Mini it's still too loose.

I am thinking about returning the bracket. We'll see if they allow returns. I've used it exactly once. It's not for me.

This one's worked well for me. Rock solid, less expensive.

Amazon.com: Jrelecs® Metal Iron Mobile Device Holder for Phantom 3 & inspire 1 (Silver)

I got this same mount.... My issue is I can't get the factory DJI screw to fit into the bracket where the lanyard is connected.

Did your factory screw work??? I'm trying to use a iPad Pro

View attachment 50743 Phantom 751874

Are you NUTS or is it you just work for another company that sells a cheaper bracket? :rolleyes:
Funny how your post is right up there on the top of google, and that all the folks who love the bracket are not listed :rolleyes:

1st from my picture you can see that the foot fits perfectly

2nd it doesn't take a math genius to figure out that a 1" wide foot is more stable then a 1/8" bolt...period

3rd if you strip out both bolts from constantly tightening them the mount and pad CAN fall off.( why would you even say that)

4th there are countless videos showing the video screen flopping forward and backwards even on the Inspire bracket.
the two plastic washers actually eliminate that problem not make it worst.

Everyone I have talked to this love this bracket...makes me wonder what your motive is...shame shameo_O

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

No, I think your right though. The P3 screw is smaller than the P4. So weird because everything else is the same. Stupid. I just took it off. The iPad pro sits fine on the Inspire mount

It's should come with the screw in my humble opinion!

Reactions: Jtrjr

You must have got a bad one. Mine is perfect, and I would definitely buy it again.

Reactions: Rebel Gal
Hi
Want to buy that stability bracket. Live in France, USA supplier has problems shipping. Any one know where to buy in EU?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

This bracket is the ****! What are you talking about? I mean you know it's good when you install it and then forget about it like it's always been on the controller. No checking it to see if it's loose or anything. Absolutely took away all my worries.

If Rebel Gal is associated then she should have stated so right up front, but I do think there is valuable information here nad the post that was deleted that owners can benefit from. The plastic stabilizer on the P3 is a weak point... Obviously the moderators have the final say, but I think Rebel Gal should be notified on her infraction of the rules but leave the other post in place (with the warning you placed at the top about her affiliation). Just a suggestion.

If Rebel Gal is associated then she should have stated so right up front
She is associated? I thought she just really, really loved it :confused:

Reactions: henick and JayS_CT
Man, so what! Whether she is or ain't, it's still a nice bracket and more than adequate as an upgrade to the original dji bracket. I hope she is associate and if so, put me on to another worthy upgrade that's as good as this one.

Once I had the Inspire 1 device holder attached and tightened to my RC, I never gave it a second thought.

RedHotPoker

She is associated? I thought she just really, really loved it :confused:
According to the message at the top of the deleted thread, Phantom Pilots said she was associated.. She has also been banned (she is on the DJI Forums though). Again, I think that this was a private issue that somehow became public and just my opinion (which I hope does not get me banned) but I don't think deleting the thread was the proper course of action. There was additional information in the thread that was useful in terms of washers, slippage, etc. I do think that if there was an association it would have been proper to say she must stop and then post a message on that thread indicating such, but to also leave the thread there and work it out in privately with her. What's the Spiderman line? "With great power comes great responsibility".

P.S. For the record (isn't this sad I feel I have to do this) I have no affiliation with either the person in question or the company in question, but I do think it's a nice bracket and ordered one from the "not to be mentioned" stateside company vs. waiting for it to ship from China. If you want to save a few $$ and don't mind waiting they're on EBay in both Black and Silver.

Safe flying all...

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik