FAA Comments

Reaction score
Here is my comment from a personal view,maybe we can all add comments and whom ever can edit the letter at the end July 25th,we all send it from this group.I will an editor to review before we send it.4-days,I like what the drunken sparrow comments were I can't find it though can someone repost Thanks.

Dear FAA,
I think banning this new hobby is suppressing new technologies that could provide many new jobs,and would be destroying a new intuitive industry.I see many kids today playing Xbox and parents calling it a waste of time.I see them as future pilots (FPV) if you look at the deteriorating postal service,the complaining of the over worked UPS drivers,that is only a small portion of the delivery service that drones could employ.
Farmers could benefit using less fertilizer to reduce chemical run off into our waterways by visually inspecting crops...I think it is ridiculous to ban use for that commercial use,the cost of a conventional aircraft and the waste fossil fuel,the amounts of pollutants in the atmosphere definitely out weigh use of a unmanned aircraft.
From a photography point of view,we are looking at the world through a new lens.Every frame of photo taken is from a new prospective that in a lot of cases are views that could never be captured with out these new aircrafts.
From search and rescue,I see in the future a drone deployed to a fire call to arrive as a "FIRST RESPONDER" to inform of the conditions on the scene to determine if more help is needed so adequate units could be deployed to respond in less time to save lives.
These are only a very few uses for this industry,I am sure there are many,many,many more to come.I think banning the use of them would be destroying dreams of our children.
I respect that there will need to be rules and license regulations to police the new airspace that these model aircrafts are getting access to but there are many good things that can be done with these aircrafts that I feel out weigh the bad.
I hope the decisions made on these aircrafts are well thought out before strict laws are enforced.
I see the enthusiasm in my son and in myself that I hope that this privilege is not taken away.

Sincerely Tim Herlihy

groundcontro5150 said:
Here is my comment from a personal view,maybe we can all add comments and whom ever can edit the letter at the end July 25th,we all send it from this group.I will an editor to review before we send it.4-days,I like what the drunken sparrow comments were I can't find it though can someone repost Thanks.

Dear FAA,
I think banning this new hobby is suppressing new technologies that could provide many new jobs,and would be destroying a new intuitive industry.I see many kids today playing Xbox and parents calling it a waste of time.I see them as future pilots (FPV) if you look at the deteriorating postal service,the complaining of the over worked UPS drivers,that is only a small portion of the delivery service that drones could employ.

The FAA is on the losing side of this battle. That much is abundantly clear.

The economic potential of the drone industry is HUGE --- and no way in hell a few silly rules from a group of old Luddites in Washington is going to stop it.

Just remember that politicians need votes to keep their jobs --- and once small and large businesses start realizing the full potential of how drones will enhance their bottom lines, you can bet your last dollar these same govt. bureaucrats demanding strict regulations of drones will be doing a 180 to appease the constituents who NEED drones to perform thousands of functions more efficiently and cheaper than a human.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20