FAA Being Challenged

Somebody needs to tell that company that someone else already took care of that for them. A federal judge ruled a few weeks ago that the FAA has no laws in place currently that apply to our drones. That will change soon enough, but for now the company and their lawyers are barking up a tree that's already been cut down.

OI Photography said:
Somebody needs to tell that company that someone else already took care of that for them. A federal judge ruled a few weeks ago that the FAA has no laws in place currently that apply to our drones. That will change soon enough, but for now the company and their lawyers are barking up a tree that's already been cut down.

Be that as it may, here was the FAA's response a day later:

http://www.faa.gov/news/updates/?newsId=76381

They have also filed an appeal. Operationally the FAA is acting as if the NTSB ruling never happened. The tree is far from cut down. FAA continues to threaten commercial operators. I would also bet a week's pay that they are building a database of all the commercial operators out there (they have YouTube too, and know how to use it) and once they do have their rules in place you can bet that all those folks are going to get a nice letter from the FAA advising the operators that the FAA knows who they are and what they are doing.

SilentAV8R said:
They have also filed an appeal. Operationally the FAA is acting as if the NTSB ruling never happened. The tree is far from cut down.

Yes they have indeed filed an appeal, and I probably should have used a better analogy...."they're barking up a tree that's getting replaced with another"

The point I wanted to make is pretty much the same idea as what you said, that the FAA is still expecting people to do exactly what the company and its lawyers in that article are doing...believing that there are currently laws in place.

I suspect they are going to wield a heavy hand at first as well. Make examples, etc. That's why I think it is best to keep a low profile rather than post endless crash videos, "Hey look at how high I flew" videos, and so on.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik