FAA B4UFly APP serious omission

JWH

Reaction score
I just noticed a very serious omission in the FAA B4UFly app. I am posting this to alert everyone to check other sources before flying. One would assume that an app published by the FAA would include all of the restrictions, but it doesn't. There will be flight restrictions around Atlanta today due to the president flying in. This doesn't show up in the app at all. This is a serious omission that could unjustly land a drone operator in jail if they were depending on the app to alert them of a no fly situation. Check the FAA web site for complete list an don't rely on the app.

I deleted that POS months ago. It is junk. Thanks for the heads up though!

;)

I just noticed a very serious omission in the FAA B4UFly app. I am posting this to alert everyone to check other sources before flying. One would assume that an app published by the FAA would include all of the restrictions, but it doesn't. There will be flight restrictions around Atlanta today due to the president flying in. This doesn't show up in the app at all. This is a serious omission that could unjustly land a drone operator in jail if they were depending on the app to alert them of a no fly situation. Check the FAA web site for complete list an don't rely on the app.

That would be reported under FAA's listing of TFR's I don't know if short term visits like that would be included on B4UFly but should be. They just give us too many places to have to look. I don't use B4UFly so I am not sure how timely it is with TFR's. TFR's are often pop ups and can apply almost immediately after the governing body requests it. No time to put on B4Fly

That would be reported under FAA's listing of TFR's I don't know if short term visits like that would be included on B4UFly but should be. They just give us too many places to have to look. I don't use B4UFly so I am not sure how timely it is with TFR's. TFR's are often pop ups and can apply almost immediately after the governing body requests it. No time to put on B4Fly

No time? They show up just fine on the commercial sites, such as Skyvector, or flight planning apps such as ForeFlight. I think it's more an indication of the lack of timely updates at tfr.faa.gov, and a continued reliance on Flight Services for current NOTAMs.

Reactions: JWH

I have other sources of information when I fly the plane. I thought the B4UFly app would be handy for the drone, but it isn't. It worried me today because the drone pilots who may be less experienced in the aviation world could get into trouble if they were under the seemingly logical assumption that an "official" FAA app was complete. They should make it complete and accurate or turn it off.

DONT USE B4UFLY!
Airmap is the most reliable app, I use airmap with skyvector or avare on my phone for the sectional view. Maps.me app gives me coordinates that I use for posting UOA's on 1800wxbrief.com and figuring out radials and distances from airports to use in notification to police, emergency responders etc.as this is how they prefer to get the info.

I posted about this earlier. It didn't show up in B4UFly, Hover or Airmap. It showed on SkyVector and UAV Forecast. Check all sources before you fly. I also get Notam/TFR updates from AOPA to my email, so they sent the alert earlier this week.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic