FAA and UAS flight regulations?

Reaction score
I was wondering what the rules for this is, as it is a line of sight, hobby use drone (not used for any organization) I have FAA small UAS certificate of registration, however is a licensed pilot needed to operate it, and what are the legalities of flight (can you fly during day and night as long as you have bridge lights?)
I have been reading the FAA site and looking at multiple things but some appear to be contradicting or not there. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

The best information on this topic can be found on the FAA's website here.
I looked through this and kept reading law after law, I did register my drone, and I do have the certificate. I was flying around in a neighborhood area and wanted to be sure it is ok to do as long as it was line of sight, and less than 400ft, which led me to the other question of night flight, as it nowhere states that, or at least that I could find.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Generally, you don't want to do things that could be unsafe. For example, don't fly over people since your Phantom could shut off mid-air and crash into someone. Or, don't fly at night if you cannot clearly see your Phantom with your eyes. It's obviously up to the FAA as to what is unsafe if you do crash and cause an accident.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj