Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

FAA 333 Recommendation

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DroneRookie, Jan 16, 2016.

1. DroneRookie

I am wondering if anyone has a recommendation who has 333 experience.

I turned in a 333 application on June 28th, 2015. I received my docket number on October 26th, 2015. Nearly 3 months later, still nothing. Understanding that they are swamped, I waited until last week to bug them via their 333exemptions@faa.gov email address.

I received a canned high volume response stating they are doing their best to meet a 120 day turnaround. At 3x that, curious if anyone had a recommendation on how to go about "prodding" them?

#1 DroneRookie, Jan 16, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2016
  2. Gary M

I have no recommendations for prodding them. They are the federal government. They can be as slow and behind schedule and inefficient as they wish, we'll never change that. BUT... A guy in my town applied for his in July and finally got it in mid-late December.

3. NADM

Sounds like I have a very long time to wait, since I just put mine in this week. The FAA will go at their own pace.

Gary M likes this.
  4. turbulence

Whoa that doesn't sound right. Did you have to change something? I sent mine after you around mid July and got approved in mid October.

5. Gary M

I don't know if you were referring to me or NADM. I didn't file for one,yet, hoping to next week. What does it,cost to file?

And since you have yours, how's business so far?

6. turbulence

I was referring to the OP. Business is not bad. I work with a high end realtor who always wants aerials. I've shot 4 homes for him using my drone already.

7. Gary M

If you don't mind me asking, where do you live and what doe you charge per listing shot?

8. DroneRookie

No, I haven't changed a thing. It is a pretty cut and dry application. Very close in content and format to other applications. The only thing I can think of is that I included two airframes. One of which has precedent in other applications (Sensefly EBee). I don't believe that the other does (Sensefly Exom). I should have just applied with my Phantom.