FAA 107 BFR

Reaction score
I'm a licensed private pilot but have not been able to fly in about 3 years for medical reasons. I'm interested in getting my BFR done in order to meet the 107 guidelines. Does anyone know if the flying part of the BFR is required or just the Ground School?

I'm pretty sure that since the "Medical Requirements" is now as simple as "show drivers license" you don't have to have a medical certificate but... w/o the medical you can't get a BFR and you can't get current. Your best bet would be to call the FSDO and get something from them in writing how to approach this.

You're sort of stuck in a Catch-22 situation and hopefully you can get an official resolution that does NOT include having to take the full FAA facility test since you've already done that one in the past.Maybe worse case you can get your BFR on a Sport Pilot rating which only requires a state issued DL. That's a thought . . .

Reactions: dirkclod
Having a current license gets you out of the in-person 3 hour test, just the simple online test is required. If the license is not "current" because of the medical, I don't see why you can't just go take the full proctored test and get the 107 as a standalone that way.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20