F550 with Naza V2 major GPS problems

Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm the proud owner of a Phantom 2 and also a newly acquired F550 with Naza V2 and JR XG8 Rx/Tx. Problem I've been having is really unstable flights and also when testing out the RTH I've had 2 flyaways with crashes. I'm really bummed by this and have lost a lot of faith in this machine. I have plugged it into the assistant software to check things that many times I'm beginning to believe I may have a dud. Does anyone have any advice?

OI Photography said:
Does the LED indicate proper GPS lock? And give proper indications while calibrating compass?

Hi, yes. The Naza LED starts by flashing 2 green, 3 red for a bit then it flashes multiple green, reverts back to 2 green, 3 red and then 2 green, 2 red and then 2 green, 1 red after a short while. It then flashes multiple green again followed by 2 green, 2 green and so on. While calibrating the compass it acts normally.

One thing I tried today was to move the GPS mast off the main body and out onto one of the rear arms, thus putting it further away from the main controller and receiver. Although I can't attribute the improved performance solely to this change, it certainly flew much better today than yesterday. I had also had a couple of heart stopping moments when testing FS where it flew off and crashed (thankfully high up into a neighbours tree, no damage) but I have since learned the over ride command to take control back from the FS system. Day by day, flight by flight I am beginning to enjoy my 550 more. After my P2 which is such a dream machine the 550 is a little more hands on. Certainly more educational!!

Hi, i have build a F550 and F450 and both are (now) stable as a rock :)

Few items to make sure:

- Place your Naza exactly in the middle of the machine;
- Put your GPS-puck on the stick above the Naza if possible.
- Make sure that you know where your Center-of-Gravity (COG) is. And tell your Naza assistant how your GPS-puck is located relative to the COG. (mine is -5cm, 0cm, -15cm). A heavier landing-skid moves the COG downwards !
- Calibrate your TX. The double green led means your sticks are not centered. Calibrate, take power of your Naza and power up again. See if it is centered (green arrows). If not, do it again.. still not, use your TX trim.
- Adjust your Gains. Start with the Naza defaults and move up at 10%. Hoe heavier the F550 how higher the gains.
- Calibrate your IMU. Do the Advanced one.
- Use 8" props.... 10" props with my 4S-5000 gives unstable results.

good luck !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik