F550 with Futaba T8J Radio

Reaction score
Hi Guys!

I am just about to buy an F550 with retractable legs, Gopro on Zenmuse h3-2d Gimbal, one battery and Futaba T8J radio.

Some questions arises...

Is it possible to make the throttlestick work the same way as on the Vision+? Like stick goes to center, the aircraft hoovers without any throttle input from me?
Can you adjust yaw speed on this radio?

Would you take it over the vision+?

Please move if its not in the right place

Best Regards Newbie :)

Cstroke said:
Hi Guys!

I am just about to buy an F550 with retractable legs, Gopro on Zenmuse h3-2d Gimbal, one battery and Futaba T8J radio.

Some questions arises...

Is it possible to make the throttlestick work the same way as on the Vision+? Like stick goes to center, the aircraft hoovers without any throttle input from me?

Would you take it over the vision+?

Please move if its not in the right place

Best Regards Newbie :)

You can buy a kit from Futaba that you install that will center the stick. Check YouTube for a how to. It took maybe ten minutes for me to do it. It took a long time to get my kit from Futaba. After several attempts at getting one the issue turned out to be Futaba doesn't deliver to PO boxes. As for the Yaw I can't say for sure on that one. Check YouTube.

I called Futaba support after I purchased my radio....they just sent the kit to me free. Showed up in two days and works perfect.

Cstroke said:
Hi Guys!

Haven't tried it - I put yaw on a knob instead. However, it seems that dialing in some expo is the easy way. Give it 40% on the yaw (rudder) for a start. A little stick movement makes a very slight change. Lots of stick movement causes the yaw to increase up to max. Don't know if the 8J has a knob you can use but if it does, mix it with the rudder - you can set the yaw speed from slight to max and it will be constant.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl