F550 Build. Oh Boy!

Reaction score
I was given an airframe and hope to get it going, but what's the "best" when it comes to electronics? I'd like to have an FPV set up like the Phantom line with as much telemetry as possible. What radio equipment/ monitor will work? Any system compatible with DJI GO? I've been searching for a few days, but conflicting opinions are plentiful! Please help a fellow DJI brother out!!!

At this point there is no DJI controller for DIY that can run the Go app, except for the A3/Lightbridge 2 combo which costs $2000. Soon the Pixhawk 2.1 will be out which will work with an Edison companion computer and there will be quite likely a few apps out that will integrate flight control/video feed and telemetry DJI-style. Mission Planner already does that.
If you want fpv right now, you can go the Naza2 route with iosd mini or N1 OSD, fpv transmitter (I like and use Immersion Rc 5.8 ghz 600 mw transmitters) and a receiver/monitor. As far as radio, you can use any commercial RC radio. I use a Taranis Plus and X8R or X6R receivers. You will not have camera control of almost any sort, mostly just start/stop if you set up a remote trigger channel on your radio. Honestly, right now there are just no DIY products that can compete with the RTF offerings out there.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj