F450 was fine until I added h3-3d and Boscam Ts 353

Reaction score
I built my first quad, the ARF kit 450, with the Naza V2, and Specktrum radio and rec. I flew the quad around a dozen times to make sure it flew well before adding the camera, gimbal, and FPV devices. Once I installed those I was looking at the Boscam monitor while the drone was hovering about 25' up. Everything seemed good. Then all of a sudden the quad starts to list to the right and kept going. I could not correct it so I continued in that direction making a circle while bringing it down. I was able to get it down with a tumble and no damage. I tried the quad again and the same thing happened after a few minutes of flying.

I was wondering if one of the motors is bad. I would rotate each with my finger and one of them have a much more noticeable detent than the other 3. It clicks more on the finger while rotating. My hunch is that once it gets hot it may not be preforming as well as the other motors causing the list. Is there anyway to verify if the motors are working well?

THANKS!

jwwgold said:
I was wondering if one of the motors is bad. I would rotate each with my finger and one of them have a much more noticeable detent than the other 3. It clicks more on the finger while rotating. My hunch is that once it gets hot it may not be preforming as well as the other motors causing the list. Is there anyway to verify if the motors are working well?

THANKS!
you can test your theory by swapping motor control cables at FC - swap opposing motor with one in question and then hover.

I made sure the the wifi was off on both flights. I suppose I could also remove the camera and fly, they remove the FPV and see as well. I am having a hard time trying to balance the quad with all the gear on it. It is pretty close to balanced with the 4C battery attached with a 1/3 hanging off the back.

I took off the gimbal and camera and took it back up it was pretty stable. Just before that with the gimbal it rolled to the left ,really couldnt correct it in gps or manual had to take it down with a tumble. I guess next is to attach gimbal no gopro and see what happens. I know gp wifi is off no blue blink and I didnt manually turn it on and my phone app couldnt find it. I assume then it's off.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4