Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

F450 vs F550 Flight time?

Discussion in 'Other DJI Multi-Rotors' started by Phantom_Alex, Feb 12, 2014.

1. Phantom_Alex

Hi Everyone,

Fantastic news RE the new space :D

Ive got a question for any F450 owners, what your flight times?

Im looking into building my own, however battery life is of vital importance to me, I live near Burgh Island, Bigbury-on-Sea, UK and want to be able to fly off over the island and look back onto the cliffs, (with ALOT of practice first of course) but i need at least 12/13 minutes of flight time. 20 would be much better, like the P2.

From reading the other thread, i gather that a stock F550 runs for about 9 minutes on a 4S 5500mha battery, so what does a F450 run for? I assume its more due to less motors to run and weight etc..

Speak soon!

2. labmansid

Looks like most pilots on here have the 550 instead of the 450, since you haven't gotten any replies yet.

I can't speak firsthand about flight times since I don't own either yet, but according to helipal, their stock configured F450 runs for 14 minutes. I'm sure with some tweaking/upgrades the 450 could get a bit more worth of time. Of course, the same could be said for the 550 as well.

3. rmklaw

Depending on flying style and conditions, I get between 10.5 and 12 minutes with new Hyperion 4s 5000mah and 8" props, with a gross weight of 1.9 Kg. My new Pulse 6600 battery adds an additional 1.5-2 minutes (again, depending on flying conditions and style). UI fly very mellow.

4. Phantom_Alex

Thanks both, I've done some research and I think with 10x4.5 I can expect a good amount of flight time with a 3S 6200mah, about 17-20 mins!

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk