f450 or f550? Suggestions

Reaction score
really wanting to know what you guys think of both platforms, trying to do research on both for varying things like flight time for both (had mixed data of f550 being only 8 minutes long). Range of both and such.

thx

dausualsuspect said:
really wanting to know what you guys think of both platforms, trying to do research on both for varying things like flight time for both (had mixed data of f550 being only 8 minutes long). Range of both and such.

thx

I'm going with a F450,. figured I could easily transition to a F550 if needed.
kinda went with it because I felt I didn't need that much kiting power,.and lots of people say the two front motors get into the picture when shooting with the F550.
otherwise the two craft are quite similar.

tho I do like the idea that if a motor goes out on a hex,. the NAZA will now counteract to help keep it in the air.

I'm steeling myself for a 450 if my phantom has a fatal flight. Are they comparable in ease of flying? I know they have much better lifting power for pro cameras and bigger batteries. Also, comments on the Wookong system? Is that mostly about GPS and waypoint flying? It seems way more controlled and professional than randomly trying to get good video on the GoPro and a Phantom.

I don't know much about the Wookong stuff.

F450 can definitely do a bit more with the much larger batteries and can also run larger props and stuff.

I"m a little bummed tho, as the landing gear I got for my 450 weighs over 160g alone!
but with a larger "wingspan" I expect this craft to handle a lot smoother than the Phantom.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl