F2V doesnt relay the camera feed

Reaction score
Hi All,

i recently purchased the F2V and have been using all the latest updates and software as of may 25th 2014, as per the pt2 assistant software.
the one problem i am having is that the F2V camera is not relaying the video signal to the smartphone.

the app opens up, the camera emulator as well, but i get a black image. despite this, if i press on the "take photo" or "make video" buttons, it does it, but without the image ever showing up on the smartphone. :?:

i have tried it with both the latest versions of the smartphone apps (Android - Galaxy S4) and (iOS - Iphone 5S) and both give me the same problem.
i have done the "binding" process a couple of times, so thats not the issue.

can anyone out there help? im on a deadline for some aerial shots and i would really like to keep with that deadline. :?

Mal_PV2_Ireland said:
Did you take the lens cap off?

as i stated, i manage to make vids and take photos, i just dont get a live feed from the camera to the smartphone. i simply cant get the feed.
i can do it, but i can only see the results. it makes it hard to create any sort of decent footage.

In the Vision App, under Settings - make sure your Preview Quality isn't set too high. The default setting of 640x480-30fps is simply too much for typical Wi-Fi connection speeds. I think DJI added this setting recently for the Vision+, with its improved Wi-Fi antennas. On a regular (non-plus) Vision, I'd try 640x480-15fps or one of the lower settings.

I'm having the same problems and have tried all so called fixes. Can't get reply from DJI either. DJI will never see another penny from me.

i guess it now officially safe to say that i wont be meeting the dead line, as i hoped.

thank you everyone for the replies so far... if anyone comes up with another fix, please feel free to let me know.

evolverjay said:
i guess it now officially safe to say that i wont be meeting the dead line, as i hoped.

thank you everyone for the replies so far... if anyone comes up with another fix, please feel free to let me know.

I had some problem last night. Use the manual and re-bind the camera. The complete process is only 2 minutes. Send me a Coke when your done.

Power on the camera and range extender. Note:(Place the camera power switch to the ’WIFI
ON‘ position).

Approximately 30 seconds later, press the reset button on the range extender with a thin object until the
Wi-Fi signal indicator turns off. The range extender will then restart automatically.

Approximately 30 seconds later, the Wi-Fi signal indicator should start to blink green, which indicates the
range extender is now ready to be bound.

Find and select the Phantom_xxxxxx via the Wi-Fi list on the mobile device to connect the range extender.

(Fig.1) Run the DJI VISION App->Settings->General->Binding. (Fig.2) Select ’Scan the QR Code’ to scan
the camera QR code on the product packaging. (Fig.3) Get the camera SSID (E.g. FC200_0xxxxx) and the
MAC address, select the tick on the top right corner. The range extender should automatically
restart. The binding procedure is now complete.

Thanks for the reply and possible solution.

I followed the steps and did a manual binding, a number of times. Unfortunately I still do not get the live video feed back on my app. I can connect to the Phantom, control movement of the camera, take pictures and see the pictures on the SD card so I know it is working. I just can't see the live imagery feed.

Not sure what I can try next?

I was thinking it might be a loose connection but it was working fine before I did update today. Maybe just have to wait for DJI to fix this update?

Thanks,
-Greg-

GeoTech said:
Thanks for the reply and possible solution.

I followed the steps and did a manual binding, a number of times. Unfortunately I still do not get the live video feed back on my app. I can connect to the Phantom, control movement of the camera, take pictures and see the pictures on the SD card so I know it is working. I just can't see the live imagery feed.

Not sure what I can try next?

I was thinking it might be a loose connection but it was working fine before I did update today. Maybe just have to wait for DJI to fix this update?

Thanks,
-Greg-

Before you go back to older software verion, you might focus on your phone settings. One to check would be on phone, settings/Wi-Fi/Menu/Advanced/ check 'Scanning always available'.

Thanks for the reply. I currently run an iPhone 5 with iOS 7.1.1. Unfortunately I don't have the seething options that you have sent. I did upgrade my iOS at about the same time that I did the phantom vision.

Anyone know where this setting might be on the iPhone 5?

Thanks again for the help.

I have the same issues, cant see live feed. I even contacted DJI and they said they never heard of this problem. They made it seem like i am the only person that has this issue. Would love to fix this problem. Any help would be appreciated.

This happened to me today,
I flew my P2V, about 1/2 battery, all was well,
But when I went to fly 2nd half battery , black screen,
Tilt worked, ect? I turned off phone, and restarted phone ( iPhone 4s )
Started working again? Weird, this has never happened before,
I got a bit worried, I've only had 2 issues EVER, both turned out to be APP
ISSUES! 1st was delayed FPV, second was black screen! ( second May have been
iPhone issue? ) and not app issue, but could have been app issue?

I fixed delayed FPV, by DELETING, and reinstalling app, I also freed up
A few gb on my iPhone, by deleting unwanted video, and pictures, also lowered
My preview settings a bit, second fix, was rebooting my phone!

Not sure if this is your issue? But I have never had this happen before?
Flew nice took pictures and video, but I noticed I also had no telemetry
Data either? I could pitch camera up-down, shoot video and pictures, just
No view on phone ( empty black screen ) with slider, motion button, and ( camera/video )
Buttons, did not try setting buttons? So I do not know if they worked or not?

I would say either ( PHONE ISSUE ) or ( APP ISSUE )?

Hope this helps!

Well I just resinstalled the app and did the rebind process. Still nothing.

Pretty frustrated that I was trying to be up to date with the latest phantom firmware, app and iOS updates and now it doesn't work. I am currently going through developing a UAV program around these where we would be buying 10 of these things and now I am starting to question that choice!!

I just remembered,
When it first happened, I turned off phantom,
Switched the ( switch on rear of camera ) back and forth
A few times then back to WiFi on position, then I unplugged
The cable on rear of camera, then pushed it back in,
Then I rebooted my phone. I turned EVERYTHING OFF,
Then started as usual, ( repeater on, Tx on, phantom on,
Waited a few seconds, phone on , connected to wifi, and it worked!

Also have you tried RENAMING your phantoms wifi?
( I thought I read something about that here? )

Maybe yours is a bigger issue, than mine?

Also do you get telemetry data? ( distance away, altitude, ect? )

Some stuff looked normal on my screen, but other stuff was missing?
I had the BLUE ( wifi symbol, battery life meter, satellite status, and SD CARD
symbol, as well as repeater life indicator ) also had settings symbol, hide toolbar symbol
And return screen symbol as well,and the camera tilt bar, and movement options were there to,
but MISSING, all bottom ( telemetry data ) distance, altitude,
Speed, ect, was also missing ( orientation ) symbol ( the little radar symbol showing which was the
Phantom was facing from ME )?

I did not try settings, hide toolbar, or ( where the dirrection symbol ) SHOULD BE, to see if they worked?
Also did not try the motion button ( where you move iPhone, and camera moves ) instead of using slide bar!
( now I wish I would have tried all those other options, just to see!

Also have you ever unplugged the camera with phantom ON?
Some have experienced, burnt circuit on main controller, due to
Unplugging camera with phantom powered on!

( I have not read each post, maybe you already answered some of this,
I apologize if you have! )
Just trying to get my fingers around this mess!
I hate that fellow fliers, are having issues! That sucks, and I totally feel your pain!
I hope we can figure this out soon!

Take care, fly safe!

Please keep us informed !

Well I got it working once and then shut it down and started it up again and now I have a still image in black and white. Camera stills moves and looks like I am getting telemetry...

I used to have to deal with this sort of stuff with UAVS 9 years ago when there weren't many of us in it. I thought that now with this system I was beyond that but I guess not. Starting to think this thing is a flying turd just like some many before it!

So now I am thinking it is an app thing. I get solid green light on wifi extender and soild green/yellow light on the camera when connected but before I start the app. As soon as I start the app I get a slow blinking yellow light on camera and intermittent green light on wifi extender and no live feed.

Thoughts?

I just started mine,
Turned on extender ( power light solid GREEN ) ; ( system light SLOW FLASH GREEN )
Turned on remote ( beep beep ) FCC MODE
Turned on phantom 2Vision ( do-da-do-da-do-da-loo , beep beep beep beep )
Camera light ( SOLID GREEN )
Turn on IPHONE 4s ( IOS 7.1.1 ) hook to wifi
Open app
REPEATER ( power light SOLID GREEN ) ; ( system light INTERMEDIATE FLASHING )
Camera light ( SLOW GREEN FLASH )

I do have a question :

Have you updated the camera firmware?
If so, after you updated, did you delete the " FIRMWARE BIN "
File off the SD CARD?

If you have not updated, you might want to give that a try?

One more thought, take OUT SD CARD, and start phantom, see if the preview
Works without sd card installed? ( maybe a faulty sd card, messing things up. )?

Let me know?

I just read this and wanted to add it here:

Soleangel said:
So I was recently having problems wih my vision camera.
Sometimes I wouldn't and couldn't see the live feed on my tablet or it would take a while to load.
By my main concern was that my camera would automatically shut off and turn back on in mid air, aswell as when I had it in my hand and moved the camera around it would turn off(I knew it would because green led would turn off as well as the fan Inside the vision cam)
I almost thought that it was the camera because I couldn't really find any info on this problem.
So I thought to myself,"hmmm....could it be the wire that connects from the camera to the main board.?"
And guess what.? It was.!

They came in today as I ordered them last week on Friday (delayed because Memorial Day) and I installed as soon as I came home from work right now and everything works as it should now.!
Everything loads up good, doesn't turn off by itself and I'm about to do some test flights to see if it's 100%
It might be the solution to those who don't see the live feed on their smartphone/tablet.
Not completely 100% sure on that!but it might be.

If anybody wants the link to where I got the cable here it is from a website called "all E rc"
http://www.allerc.com/dji-phantom-2-vision-part-22-cable-pack-p-8516.html
It's a pack of cables so it comes with extras of others that may go wrong so it's good.:)

And lastly here are some attachments of the old wire being stripped.
So you can see that these wires can really go bad through out time.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/87240642@N06/14115802450/lightbox/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/87240642@N06/14115805440/in/photostream/

Hope this may can somebody now or in the future :)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj