F#$% SeaGull!!

Yes happened the same, i don't know if have nest in the area but now after some flight with attack to my phantom is surely that the reason.

Please tell me why i should lie? I'm 36 years old and in my city that is on the seaside seagulls are common. I'm not afraid of them but I've never had an experience like today where a lot of seagull follow me flying from the sky down really close to me. They know that in my hard case there is their enemy, my phantom. Because when i put back my phantom in it, they were still flying over me at a close height.

I'm not calling you a liar. Living by the sea myself, I've seen many things these Seagulls will do to obtain food both in nesting season and out of it.

Unless there was some food source, or you aren't realizing the length of distance you walked, I still find this hard to believe. Seagulls, especially during nesting, will NOT leave their clutch behind such a distance as 300m. They WILL protect it, all of the colony will defend even a single pair/clutch, but they will not leave it unless they ALL had a food source they were fighting over. Your drone was in the case and no longer a food source.

A few birds will often seem to be tens if not hundreds when a person is being warded off. The distance you had to traverse will also seem extreme in retrospect.

200-300 meters? Not likely. At ALL.

I'm not calling you a liar. Living by the sea myself, I've seen many things these Seagulls will do to obtain food both in nesting season and out of it.

Unless there was some food source, or you aren't realizing the length of distance you walked, I still find this hard to believe. Seagulls, especially during nesting, will NOT leave their clutch behind such a distance as 300m. They WILL protect it, all of the colony will defend even a single pair/clutch, but they will not leave it unless they ALL had a food source they were fighting over. Your drone was in the case and no longer a food source.

A few birds will often seem to be tens if not hundreds when a person is being warded off. The distance you had to traverse will also seem extreme in retrospect.

200-300 meters? Not likely. At ALL.
I walked 200-300mt like i told but if I've understood well when i walk to come back to my house I'm just turning around their nest area...

I walked 200-300mt like i told but if I've understood well when i walk to come back to my house I'm just turning around their nest area...

That would seem to be the issue here. Gulls can, and will, nest over a wide area. There can be hundreds of pairs in a given colony. The person themselves are what alerts the various pairs more so than the drone in your case. Each pair passes off the warning to the next. This is why one person can alert a colony and see multiple people harassed by the birds in that colony. The birds, as you progress through their territory, have no idea WHO or WHAT started the alert, each pair is simply protecting their respective clutch. So the following birds simply attack anything that's within their colonial zone that doesn't belong.

The key part of this conversation is to know when your local avian friends are mating and nesting. Then, avoid their areas. After all, you surely wouldn't want your neighbor to come banging down your door while you and your mate are "getting it on."

I'd dare say you'd be pissed off and confrontational too. Our animal friends are no different in this regard. Especially when their "babies" are included in the equation.

True or not it was a good story, yes these larger than little birds are a menace, since they are inherently evil to our quads I believe.

True or not it was a good story, yes these larger than little birds are a menace, since they are inherently evil to our quads I believe.

I would say our Quads are inherently evil to THEM. People do not fly. We make things that do. Just like there's no reason for me to get upset over a shark biting me when I'm swimming in the ocean. Or a snake biting me when I'm hiking over land. I am in THEIR territory.

An easy test to prove that it was not the Phantom they were after once it was put away in the case is to simply walk that same path again without the drone or hard case. I bet they still attack.

Reactions: BlackHawk388
An easy test to prove that it was not the Phantom they were after once it was put away in the case is to simply walk that same path again without the drone or hard case. I bet they still attack.

Please forgive me a moment of levity.

I couldn't help but think:

"These are not the drones you're looking for".

;)

Last edited:
Sir, it's very possible this 388 asteroid is not stable

Reactions: BlackHawk388
Sir, it's very possible this 388 asteroid is not stable

Oh HELL YES! Someone gets it!!

LOL!!!

I'm such a nerd.

Although, C3PO isn't my "big" thing nor is Star Wars. I'm more of a Star Trek fan by far. ;)

Yes maybe you're right but it was dinner time...:D

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.