EZUHF?

Reaction score
Just wondering it it would be possible/practical to use the ezuhf system on a P2.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

To go to UHF, you'll need an EZUHF transmitter and an EZUHF receiver.

In the Phantom:
You'll put EZUHF receiver in the Phantom. That shouldn't be much different than replacing the stock receiver with an Spektrum receiver or a FrSky Receiver (which I just did yesterday). It's possible, but involves opening up the Phantom changing some cables, and finding room inside. I'd be a little worried about antenna placement, I can't tell from the online pictures, but the antennas that come with the EZUHF receiver might be stiff.

On the ground:
You'll either need a completely new EZUHF controller/transmitter to replace the stock Phantom controller, or you'll need to connect the EZUHF transmitter you mentioned to the trainer port on the Phantom 2 controller. Hmmm...does that Phantom 2 controller have a trainer port? I'm not sure and I'm not in a position to check right now.

OK, thanks for that.
I suppose I should have explained why I am looking at the ezuhf system!
Where I live there is a clear line of sight to a mountain range around 2.5 miles away which I would
like to film/photograph.

I have read that the 5.8 system may struggle to get much over 1- 1.5 miles

Are there any other alternatives I should consider to get the distance (for control and fpv)?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers