EzUHF with Futaba 14SG

Reaction score
Tomorrow my EzUHF tx/rx and Futaba 14SG comes in. I can't find any clear-cut instructions so I'm wondering if anyone else has went this route and has any "gotchas" to share.
The one thing I'm seeing is the Futaba 14SG battery is 6V and the EzUHF Tx input is 9.6V. I understand I could power the EzUHF tx with the Futaba but it's output would be weaker. I'll probably get a 3S lipo to power the EzUHF tx.
Any tips?

How do you plan to connect the ezuhf to the Naza?
The Phantom 2 Naza does not allow PPM connections .
I believe you have to swap the phantom naza for a real naza v2 to allow ppm connection.

Relay700 said:
I believe you have to swap the phantom naza for a real naza v2 to allow ppm connection.

That's not true. The Phantom 2 has a full Naza-M V2 so you can connect any receiver you want.

Kicerk52:
Unless there has been an update, I believe the ppm option does not exist in the phantom version of the naza.
There are several threads here about this. You can easily confirm this for yourself by enabling naza mode and look for the ppm option. It is simply not there.

Relay700 said:

This is 100% accurate. Ordered the EzUHF prematurely. I just assumed the Phantom 2's Naza allowed PPMs since the Phantom 1 did. Very disappointing. On the plus side, it appears I really don't need it. I'm able to consistently get 3km+ with the stock receiver and the Futaba 14SG. With the Phantom 2 battery life, I'm not confident going much farther than that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFU5YS_25Gc

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31