Ezosd and dji Phantom

Reaction score
Thinking about getting the ezosd for the phantom but I heard it does not fit inside...I had the eagle tree with V4 logger and gps fit inside the phantom so is the ezosd bigger ?

Heard as well that the ezosd is totally a mess on altitude reading and may give problems on satellite acquisition......is this true or old stories which are now fixed ?

godwisper said:
Thinking about getting the ezosd for the phantom but I heard it does not fit inside...I had the eagle tree with V4 logger and gps fit inside the phantom so is the ezosd bigger ?

Heard as well that the ezosd is totally a mess on altitude reading and may give problems on satellite acquisition......is this true or old stories which are now fixed ?

Good and Bad experience:
1) Ez OSD fits inside shell. No problem
2) GPS location is a mess. No place for straight/ leveled location. Must send outside ;)
3) Video signal is Ok while near but flying far all data jump crazy on screen
4) Voltage monitor is difficult to solder to ESCs.
5) Sattelite lock takes 3 minutes to get ok :?

I unmount it after 15 days trying to fix all. Now using voltage monitor Hobbyking eOSD

You were able to put all that Eagle Tree stuff into the Phantom ? Wow, I bought it, and it's been sitting in a box, waiting until
I get a Fatshark Goggle & video transmitter.

Now that I've put the DJI PMU-2 in the Phantom, I am thinking of using the DJI OSD MKII . and possibly the DJI 5.8 video
downlink setup.

With the Phantom's very limited weight carrying capacity, it may just end up on the TBS Discovery project.

I use the hobby king eOSD. Was a snap to solder into my existing fatshark FPV setup. I will hold off on getting a complex OSD until I get a bigger flying rig. For the phantom I find that the eOSD works fine. I just wish a short press of the button reset the timer.

I got the easy osd and love it I did mount mine outside which was easier and makes it accessible to the buttons very happy with it . The disadvantage is the GPS is slow but I can deal with that , would I do it again (yes)

Was going to cancel the order but seems now they are supplying the ezosd with new gps ls20031

ok so I did my first flight test with the ezosd supposedly with new gos LS20031 inside my phantom which was rather disappointing...

took several minutes to acquire satellites
each time I changed battery it was taking same time to acquire satellites
I had an interference sort off on my fatsharks
and something which pissed me off was to have the flight summary display pop op during the flight :S I was going to loose the phantom as I was fpving and had full screen of my fatsharks with the flight data....happened to me all the time that flight summary suddenly comes up and stays on screen during flight.

any suggestions ? btw I am only using the ezosd without the current sensor due to lack of space

Same thing on the osd flight summery I just shut mine off and I can review it after the flight if I want to but so far no problems with my ezosd.

I was able to install the ezOSD and current sensor into the Phantom shell. I cant get a satellite lock though and I've started to see shorter flight times. So, its coming out. Its not worth the tradeoff.

In case anyone is interested, Ive attached a photo of how I squeezed it in.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    149.6 KB · Views: 378

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20