'EZ Peasey', Amazon sunshade hood

Reaction score
...so I got tired of not being able to see my display and not having a useful option to solve it...so I made my own from the box Jeff Bezos sent me. Thanks Jeff!!...(and thanks to the '1800 Tequila' seen in the foreground)

image.jpeg

Amazon Prime FREE!

Reactions: Lefty63
Me likey.

And why not? After a landing on a beach with sand kicking up (not brilliant of me), I took a thick sheet of plywood, but a handle into it, painted it 'safety' yellow, painted a black H on it (using tape to make a stencil), and viola! Landing/launch pad.

Now....

The important thing with yours would be to create a way for it to fold flat for the drone case, the easily hook on.

Great job.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Me likey.

And why not? After a landing on a beach with sand kicking up (not brilliant of me), I took a thick sheet of plywood, but a handle into it, painted it 'safety' yellow, painted a black H on it (using tape to make a stencil), and viola! Landing/launch pad.

Now....

The important thing with yours would be to create a way for it to fold flat for the drone case, the easily hook on.

Great job.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

...yeah that would be a good trick. It's only meant as a temp fix until I can order a commercial produced one that does fold. I just had so much trouble running a mission yesterday in bright sunshine, so I thought I'd throw one together and try again today...so today, we got unexpected snow showers in MD. Grounded. (...sigh!)

C'mon... Share the instructions...!;)

Unfortunately, I didn't take a photos during assembly, but it's real simple to do with a bit of creativity.

Use a small box with one side slightly larger than your tablet. (...my tablet has an 8" display, the box was used to ship a battery) After cutting the tape and flattening the box, find the side that's slightly larger than the tablet, this will be the back of the sunshade. Because of how most boxes are made, you'll most likely see that back piece has pre-folded flaps on most if not all sides. Decide which side will be the bottom of the hood and cut that flap off, this is where the bottom of the bracket on the RC will go. (...save the cut off flap, you'll need it)

The remaining flaps on the side and top are pre-folded, so fold them in to re-create the box shape and secure it in place temporarily with some tape. If your box is typical, the top flap will probably be what was originally the top or bottom of the box so it's probably going to be made up of a couple of different pieces that fold in place, but aren't very sturdy if not secured. (...here's where the magic happens) To secure it, take the bottom flap that you cut off earlier, lay it over this top flap area to reinforce it and secure (cover) the whole thing with a stronger tape...preferably duct tape. Finally, cut a small hole in the top rear of the shade to accommodate the top of the RC bracket...VOILA!! instant, temporary sunshade!

Here are some more photos that might help.

IMG_1018.JPG

IMG_1019.JPG

IMG_1020.JPG

Reactions: Numone
I made one for my iPhone 6+ on my 3D printer. Painted the inside flat black and it works great, Maybe not as well as Amazon Prime cardboard...

I made one for my iPhone 6+ on my 3D printer. Painted the inside flat black and it works great, Maybe not as well as Amazon Prime cardboard...

lol!!

Yeah - I did this with a whole shoe box last summer. Worked pretty well for one or two flights, but it was so heavy and unbalanced it started causing problems, trying to fall off, etc., and I eventually gave up and bought one on...

wait for it...

Amazon

Yeah - I did this with a whole shoe box last summer. Worked pretty well for one or two flights, but it was so heavy and unbalanced it started causing problems, trying to fall off, etc., and I eventually gave up and bought one on...

wait for it...

Amazon

Yeah, I think that's going to be the problem here also...it is a bit heavy. I've got one on order, but it won't get here for awhile and I needed something for the weekend.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic