Extremely lucky learing leasson.

Reaction score
While flying over the Mississippi River in St. Paul I decided I wanted to get a look at the underside of the bridge. I know you should know the area before you fly but considering where I was and what I could see with the naked eye I thought I was safe. While watching through the Ipad I could not see wires on my screen. I wasn't until the 24 second mark in the video that I realized I just passed under the wire. I did not see the wires below me on the monitor and it wasn't until I got back home and loaded the video to my computer I realized I dropped right between two wires.

You were very lucky! Glad it turned out well rather than reading about another Phantom going swimming ;-)

I agree pb7424. I see you are from the Two Rivers area, I live in Bowler over in Shawano, CO.

Yep, very lucky, I had a similar experience shooting some waterfalls in Aus. Wasnt overly familiar with the area and went about a meter above powerlines strung accross the gorge. Noticed them on the vid feed and lifted altitude for the return. Scary **** but I should have done a lil more research beforehand.

The pilot God's where with you on that one. Don't know if you have three lives ot not. Don't think so as I read about to many crashes. Happy flying!

I thought about shooting up but then I thought maybe I was in a string of wires and couldn't see them. Then my thought was well I'll just back the same way I came in and drop down on my way out. I kind of chuckle about it now thinking that I couldn't get any luckier.

If I did have 3 lives I think I burned them all up on this one!

Looks like you threaded the needle :D

Reactions: Fplvert
I had a similar experience early in my flying - wires hidden by trees from my line of sight, but they sure looked big in the viewfinder when I flew over them! I really look hard for stuff behind stuff now.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20