Extreme near miss

Reaction score
I just read that a drone came with 60 feet of a passenger jet over the parliament building. In the UK. Is it really only a matter of time before there's a major accident. It appears that both craft were flying within their legal areas. Drone And Jet In Close Call Near Parliament - Sky News
Drone And Jet In Close Call Near Parliament

I suspect the UK is doing exactly what the US did to tighten up the reigns of freedom and clamp down on drones.
And I suspect the vast majority of it is BS.

I posted earlier that when you start seeing all kinds of media reports of "near misses" without evidence - just "he said she said"...
New laws are on the horizon. Some may have evidence, but most probably won't.
All this is to sway public opinion in favor of what the powers that be want.

Get prepared UK flyers....here it comes

(The preceding is merely speculation and opinion...of course)

Last edited:
Huh, apparently this happened back in September '15. And what the heck was the quad operator doing up at 2,000 ft.? This is the stuff that ticks me off to no end.

JKD I think you're spot on, the government we have are well know for knee jerk reactions to media stories, and the media dress things up to make a story.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: JKDSensei
Huh, apparently this happened back in September '15. And what the heck was the quad operator doing up at 2,000 ft.? This is the stuff that ticks me off to no end.

Are all of these "incidences" provided with evidence? Or is it just a "report" ?
What would tick me off more is if it never really happened.

Are all of these "incidences" provided with evidence? Or is it just a "report" ?
What would tick me off more is if it never really happened.
I agree. But how would you even prove it? I've often wondered if planes had the equivalent "dash cams" or something. If not, maybe they should.

JKD I think you're spot on, the government we have are well know for knee jerk reactions to media stories, and the media dress things up to make a story.
Right? We know in too many cases the left media is a government puppet.....so it makes sense.
I think the UK powers just want to revoke the freedom hobbyist currently enjoy.
The question is why?
If the danger is fabricated (and in most cases I think it is) it begs the question why they want these restrictions.
I really truly haven't seen much in the way of fatalities or mass destruction from drones "yet".

I'm pretty sure that eventually some moron is going to end up flying into a plane and that moron should have his hands removed imo....but do all the restrictions and regulations and registrations REALLY prevent morons from being morons?

Reactions: Gary M and ObiDon
I agree. But how would you even prove it? I've often wondered if planes had the equivalent "dash cams" or something. If not, maybe they should.

All commercial and civilian aircraft (other than ultralights and some experimental aircraft) are required to have transponders.
I thought it wouldn't be too hard (or expensive) for simple electronics to be added to drones (excuse my french) that would receive pings from aircraft transponders and could calculate from the signal strength the proximity of the aircraft to the drone and issue flight commands that would ensure the two were very well separated automatically.

Reactions: bunkphenomenon
Two things. 4000 ft is a bit of a stretch, but on a perfect day, ok. Now at 400 mph the pilot would have to have incredible luck to see anything that small, so I calling bs on this one. Maybe it was a UFO, and should have been reported that way. Let's see how long the pilot stays in the air, if he reported it that way. Just saying.

I just read that a drone came with 60 feet of a passenger jet over the parliament building. In the UK. Is it really only a matter of time before there's a major accident. It appears that both craft were flying within their legal areas. Drone And Jet In Close Call Near Parliament - Sky News
Drone And Jet In Close Call Near Parliament
Never heard anything about this one ,but I'm glad the pilot was watching where he was going as at the speed he would be travelling it would be very hard to see such a small item.Or it could of been a seagull going to a fancy dress party dressed as a quadcopter

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav