Extreme near miss in the UK over the parliament building

Reaction score
I just read from sky news that a passenger jet came within 20 + meters of a drone over the parliament building. It appears both were in their legal areas. Is it only a matter of time? Considering the amount of radicalized Muslims in Europe, could an explosive devise be carried by a phantom and used to destroy a jet?
Drone And Jet In Close Call Near Parliament - Sky News
Drone And Jet In Close Call Near Parliament

Some idiot will try filming the Houses of Parliament etc with a drone. Newspaper headlines.............. then new laws, restrictions etc. Its only a question of time.

Frank the whole of that area and many others in London are already no fly zones.

I thought the whole of the area around Westminster was a drone "No fly zone"
Actually it is not. No FLY Zones | DJI
But the drone was at 2000 ft and above buildings. Drone And Jet In Close Call Near Parliament
Both aren't allowed.
london.PNG

There can be rules but even rules should be coupled with common sense. Today there is a blizzard where I live and they are calling for 18" of snow. Visibility is less than 200 yards. The speed limit on the freeway is 75MPH. Think that is a good idea?

Sometimes common sense isn't so common...

Get ready for all the hysteria to kick off again soon you wont be able to even say the word drone let alone fly one!!

you a bomb expert like ? lol,considering a shoe bomb destroyed a plane not long ago and that fitted inside his HEEL......im pretty sure a phantom could lift one

The guys bomb never went off and it later came out that the fbi gave him a fake bomb and then pulled stings to let him board the plane after he was stopped by security as a flight risk and on a no fly list. But not only did the bomb not blow up and hurt the plane no one was ever in any danger in the first place being that it was just all security theater used to justify the tsa buying the body scanners that at the time they had already had on order for almost a year already and it turned out the head of the tsa also owned the co that made them and it was all just a big way to scam money out of tax payers for some thing the tsa did not need and had to find a legit sounding excuse for it which they found in getting a crazy nut case form the loony bin help with along with the guy they dubbed the butt bomber that got caught with a fake bomb up his bum.Which once again came out in the papers was yet one more so called terrorist caught that the fbi put up to it in the first place. So far there has not even been one so called terrorist caught in the us that ever even turned out to of been real or any one that just got the idea on there own with out any help from the fbi and dhs.

There can be rules but even rules should be coupled with common sense. Today there is a blizzard where I live and they are calling for 18" of snow. Visibility is less than 200 yards. The speed limit on the freeway is 75MPH. Think that is a good idea?

Sometimes common sense isn't so common...
Going real fast isn't an issue. Its stopping real fast that is.

Surely all of London, with the exception of the big parks, are classed as "over congested areas?"

Even that part of the Thames would be classed as a congested area, no?

Do you really think that will stop some idiot from trying? Its like saying your not supposed to use your phone and drive, I had a VERY near miss this afternoon when some ******* ****** in a white van was texting.
Sorry about that I wasn't texting I was on this forum

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

It all bull s&1t the press making up stories again just cos they don't have any proper stories to tell

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.