Extreme Lag with Go App 3.0.0

I live in USA. Have Apple 6+ with IOS 10 and DJI Go 3.0. I have same problem as everyone with lag. After reading this whole thread, I have decided to upgrade to 1.6.8 as I am desperate. Will let you know how it goes.

UPDATE. Lag is gone. However, Weak RC Signal Warning flashes almost immediately. I only hovered it up 100 ft in yard, no radius. Will do more testing tomorrow. I do have a range extender which i can use. I hope to get 1000 feet at least.

Last edited:
I had the same problem. I also updated to the latest firmware and lag disappeared.

Well lads, I just got home from a 700 meter flight and can say I'm a happy camper! This was in a semi built up area as well. I've only had it for a few weeks but as I posted above have had nothing but issues with the latest DJI go app and firmware.

So the config I'm flying with is 1.5.7 firmware, fcc mod and DJI go 2.9.2. Everything was lag free and stable, very confident flying everything worked just how it should!

Thanks to everyone's input on this thread...we should make this a sticky for new owners as I'm sure there are many others experiencing the same pain

Same confirmation here!!!
1.5.7+FCC+2.92

Works like a champ!!!Flew yesterday to a small park near my house.Fully interference area with mobile phone antennas in the near hill and wifi from the nearby houses.
Before: 35m height+100-120m distance
After:115m height+300m distance.

I live in USA. Have Apple 6+ with IOS 10 and DJI Go 3.0. I have same problem as everyone with lag. After reading this whole thread, I have decided to upgrade to 1.6.8 as I am desperate. Will let you know how it goes.

UPDATE. Lag is gone. However, Weak RC Signal Warning flashes almost immediately. I only hovered it up 100 ft in yard, no radius. Will do more testing tomorrow. I do have a range extender which i can use. I hope to get 1000 feet at least.

UPDATE 2: Oct. 8, 2016 Completed upgrade to 1.6.8 with DJI go 3.0 and IOS 10 on Apple 6+ with P3S. Today, I took it on a test flight at my favorite spot. Fiirst flight which was a 400' hover no radius. Made sever 1500-2000 feet flights. Last flight, with Skyreat, made it out to 2800 feet and 150' altitude before first signal alert. I am sure I could have gone further but I didn't want to push it. I am very happy with the performance. These were my highest and longest flights to date, and first use of Skyreat. By the way, I am a newbie, I have only had quad for 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Downgrade iOS app to 2.9.? No more lag but more compass error and more compass compass calibration fail.

CE 1.5.7 no mod

Had much the same problems here. FW 1.5.7+ and dji go 3.0.0 was awful. Could hardly recalibrate the bird. Litchi was fine though so managed to fly.
Luckily found old 2.8.7 go app in my iTunes. Now happy days again. Won't definitely update and kept copy of the 2.8.7 app in my backup folder.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

To add to the thread,the official answer via mail from DJi was that my drone had problem with the wifi so I had to send it in.

I can provide ticket number for further investigation if someone official cares,but I don't think so....

To add to the thread,the official answer via mail from DJi was that my drone had problem with the wifi so I had to send it in.

I can provide ticket number for further investigation if someone official cares,but I don't think so....

Funny that. My wifi problem fixed with an earlier version of DJI Go. Result.

DJI go 3.0.1 released....anyone game enough to try it? They mention in release notes that it fixes occasional phantom 3 standard freezing...

I won't be touching it :)

DJI go 3.0.1 released....anyone game enough to try it? They mention in release notes that it fixes occasional phantom 3 standard freezing...

I won't be touching it :)

I just updated to 3.01 hated 3.0.0 so I had been using 2.9.2 instead but though maybe this will fix!! Bad bad idea my part.

I took it out and at about 3000 feet from me it lost signal but continued to command time out on return to home and not send then remote dropped connection so I went to panic mode!!

Luckily it did initiate the return to home but never reconnected to controller at all. Just came back landed next to me where I took off luckily just middle of a field but very scary to say least.

I have 1.5.7 and it's been downgraded to that so maybe part of my issues but lag with 1.6.8 has been terrible then 3.0.0 no lag but constant remote signal issues so now 3.0.1 ugh... maybe I just need to try 1.6.8 with it but curious anyone else experience so far and thanks!

Updated my iPad mini 2 to GO 3.0.1 on iOS 10.0.2. Flying P3S with FW 1.6.80 & DBS, night flight to 1640' alt and 3500' down range. Suburban area, moderate interference. No lag, no loss of control, very minor video drops at max range. Executed a RTH and it landed 3' from takeoff spot. Going to the hills of central Kentucky next week.

I just rolled back using the previous APK version... but you do lose any flights that was done when the app was updated
bd3b71344cc1d67671d1100394a4db08.jpg

Sent from my Power using PhantomPilots mobile app

I thought I read somewhere that 3.0.0 appware was supposed to fix 1.6.8 birdware range issues. So, It doesn't make sense to me that it would work well with 1.5.7 birdware.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic