Extra protection for gimbal

Reaction score
Does anyone else have the extra protection on the back of the gimbal? I have seen it in pictures before. It's like a thin metal plate that is screwed onto the back of the camera area. Thanks!

I got mine from uavbits, carbon fiber. I think the main idea is to keep the legs together if you crash, and protect the underside. You can also upgrade the gimbal mount (uavbits also) for a carbon fiber with steel lockpins and put a gimbal ribbon protector/bracket (aces deals).

I put one on today from phantomfix. Some say the gimbal design has been modified from earlier phantoms so this one doesn't need the protection, but it doesn't restrict movement of anything and only adds a couple grams, so can't see a downside. Hope to never need it.

Does anyone else have the extra protection on the back of the gimbal? I have seen it in pictures before. It's like a thin metal plate that is screwed onto the back of the camera area. Thanks!
Yes-- I have it as does several others on this forum-- fits perfectly and will give the gimbal some extra protection from coming apart on a crash.

Last edited:
Those are expensive. I got mine for $20, aluminum, much smaller than that and I think it is very well made: this one you don`t replace the entire gimbal cover, just place it on top/around to hold it together/reinforce it. Bought from Aces Deals (DEMUNSEED from youtube I think designed it). Shoot Peter an e-mail ([email protected]), I bought mine 10 days ago.

http://www.acesdeals.biz/apps/webstore/products/category/1232677?page=1
Thanks so much Joao Carlos. That one looks awesome and much cheaper. I clicked on the link that you provided but i didnt find the link to actually buy the gimbal saver. Do I have to email Peter to but it? thanks!

You could email Peter -- or just buy it directly from the maker here.

Last edited:
I got a 3d printed one off Ebay.
Paid for itself this evening when one of my working dogs decided to attack it on take off.
He got a bloody nose and the P3 gimbal saver lost a cable tie.

Yeah, I noticed that the link is down. But email peter from Aces. I bought mine 10 days ago so, unless mine was the last [emoji1], maybe he has more, its just a web glitch?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj