Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

External USB for Remote

Discussion in 'Phantom 2 Vision Discussion' started by F6Rider, Feb 11, 2014.

1. F6Rider

OK, I give up. I have been searching for a Male Micro USB to female usb panel mount cable all over the place so I can put a USB jack on the outside of the remote, something DJI should have done. Some where I ran across a post mentioning this mod but for the life of me can't find it again. Anyone done this mod? have a source for the cable?
    I found one on eBay but it was a molded female usb and would have to be epoxied in place, I would rather have a normal screw mounted panel jack..... Anyone?

2. Count

Out of curiosity, just what do you plan to do with the female micro USB jack if and when you get it mounted. Is there a firmware update you have intentions of installing in a rush? Is there one coming up in the foreseeable future you anticipate having to install? Do you anticipate a situation where it may be necessary to plug something into the jack for? I have to admit that it is likely that VERY FEW owners have done more mods than I have with my P2V, yet I can see no reason to waste my time or money doing this one (and trust me, I have spent some time and money modifying my P2V!).

3. Mosleyh

4. Scottrod

I agree. I thought about doing this modification but then I just realized that it wasn't worth my time because the transmitter is not going to be updated very often if ever again.