EXTERNAL POWER SUPPLY FOR UPGRADING?

It seems the experts have helped up you. So, I have just one thing to say: WELCOME TO THE FORUM, MY FRIEND!

This makes one wonder if your Phantom is flying well and you are happy with it, why download anything?

go so I said screw it and didnt bother waitting for an answer and just went to go run the Assistant software and none of it will work! My macs to old so I figured I can use the PC version on the tablet, but, it turns out the tablet is an android tablet so I guess thats why none of the downloaded assistants off the dji site will open? Is there anything I can do other then updating my mac or buying a PC? Please and thanks for any help!

PhantomFanatic said:
This makes one wonder if your Phantom is flying well and you are happy with it, why download anything?
No i am very happy with it and thanks for the welcome! It seems to be flying great better then most peoples it sounds since I was a fool and flying it with the gopro bluetooth on and didnt have a fly away! he seems smooth and very balanced. the reason I got it was for the purpose of filming with it as I am a film maker, and now learning to become an FVP pilot. So the only reason I want to run the Assistant is MAINLY so I can adjust my tilt speed on the gimbal. Honestly sometimes I just run around with the thing without the motors on and use it as a cheap MOVI, also the ATTI feature seems like it might make for some good shots aswell so I wouldnt mind trying that and the corse lock sounds great if im filming a car down a straight road and then I can get awesome shots like looking forward while shooting forwards and then smoothly turn while flying straight to get a smooth pan shot looking down the road while moving down the road and very smoothly panning the camera to the car and perhaps see a driver before I cut to a shot in the car or from the front with a car rig. So thats why I have been trying to just get into NAZA mode and play around with that and not worrying about all the firmware upgrades. And then also theres the ground station that I want to get into next but I will save that for another topic in the forum.

You'll need a Mac or PC to run the Phantom Assistant. Surely there must be one around somewhere that you can borrow?

Thank You, yes I was able to but i came across afew things no one told me about and I didnt see anything about in any of the videos I watched online so I think im going to make a new thread for people who are hooking up to the Assistant software like I was such as when you install the software you much already have your P2 plugged into the usb cable for the Assistant to work, I downloaded the P2 Assistant and the RC Assistant and opened them then plugged into usb and nothing happened but when I plugged into the P2 and re installed everything came right up......but first thing it did was an auto firmware update and the gimbal made the worst sounds ive ever heard and wouldnt stop bugging out even when I was told to power cycle so I pushed OK first to see if the gimbal would stop but it didnt so I power cycled and then when I powered up it was fine but I hooked up to P2 first and not the RC.... so idk how bad that was I was told RC first but didnt know the software was going to open and start auto update so... I then ran the RC Assistant with the RC, it did not auto update which was good and I didnt do any firmware updated on the RC has I dont like the sound of how the X1 (gimbal control) would work after so I only calibrated, then hooked back up to the P2 and saw there was an upgrade for my H3-3D gimbal so I updated that then ran both calibrations for the RC via the Phantom Assistant and power cycled, I then put the P2 into NAZA mode and played with the gimbal controls till it looked like it was how I wanted it. Im in the northeast and the snow is coming down so not sure how long it will be till I get to fly in NAZA, but I will let everyone know how it goes soon as I do! I noticed on my down tilt when the gimbal was pointting all the way down the camera didnt lay flat, not sure if it did before cause I didnt really pay attation but when it was in the air and I pointed the camera down it looked as if the camera was laying flat? not sure if it really was, maybe when in the air with the front end weight of the camera at the -30 it looks like its straight down but I moved it down to -20 cause that looked up straight down and I wont know till its in the air if I pushed it to far and its going to start to look like the camera in going upside down? but like I said once the snow stops coming down I will take her out and let ever know how it went!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl