External lights for P4P

Reaction score
Has anyone ever used external lights on their drone, either for night / dusk footage or to better see their drone? If so where can you get them? Someone told me you weren't allowed to fly drones at night period but I can't see the problem with that if it were flying manually on an open field on your own property right? Just seems like a cool thing to try if the lights were strong enough.

as for the lights i don't know of any but as a hobbyist you can fly at night but if you are doing it for profit under part 107 you are required to get a permit of its illagal

I would think that during the dawn or dusk legal times that a strobe-like light flashing would attract your attention and help some.
Alerting others. such as fixed wing/heli craft aircraft, you are in the area is surely to perceived as an asset to safety.. Where to place the strobe or strobes would take some thought as well as attention given to the light's effects on your video or stills. A single strobe on top would suffice if the angle of views of the strobe was adequate. I don't believe that a drone basically above the Drone Pilot would be an issue to keep visual contact with. Perhaps even activating them during an emergency would be something which could be considered. I don't know the legalities. I know as a fixed wing pilot that wing-end tip strobes are common. Just thinking out loud.

Has anyone ever used external lights on their drone, either for night / dusk footage or to better see their drone? If so where can you get them? Someone told me you weren't allowed to fly drones at night period but I can't see the problem with that if it were flying manually on an open field on your own property right? Just seems like a cool thing to try if the lights were strong enough.
1509519818596-1778528713.jpg
i been trying these out from ebay,p4 and p4p headlight set ,very bright even in daylight,awsome at night ,2 modes strobe or on,they just clip in plastic lug that already on front arms,handy,also use the v2 strobon stobes for extra vis white top front red back ,they run off batt pack that clips on leg,3.7 volt lipos,,cree strobes probly better for size to weight and have something like 3mile vis on them,when shipping cost down i get some

For visibility Strobeon White Cree, weigh next to nothing

strobeon.jpg

To see a little bit , Lume Cube, they are quite heavy

lume cube.jpg

dose anyone have any good solutions for 360 degree lighting that i can attach to my p4
,,was trying light strips while back,can wrap around whole drone if wanted to,depends on if just for your visibility or to light something up,can get these search lights aswell,24 led just velcro on front
1509571635057569521479.jpg

1509571313670-721840755.jpg

like if i was in a dark room and i wanted to light the hole thing up with just the light coming off my drone
The round 24 led will light up a room or garage easy they are cheap and efective come with own batt pack,
1509573285584424856580.jpg
or get some cheap led torchs and cable tie to legs,,i have also done this and works well
15095737029431048428564.jpg
cost effective lighting i call it,,each drone here got torch on each side,

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20